Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sudo permission issue
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sudo permission issue Post 302155279 by Katkota on Thursday 3rd of January 2008 10:46:26 AM
Old 01-03-2008
I'm running this on Solaris 10

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

sudo permission

HI friends can i know how to assign sudo permission to normal user in solaris, and if not i want to assign few commands like format,user creation to normal user, i want to share few permission to normal user towork like a root in $ prompt. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

2. Solaris

sudo for permission kill -HUP

Hi, I'm trying to provide "/usr/bin/kill -HUP" command to one of the user using sudo file. I have configured sudo as following: $cat /etc/sudoers User_Alias AA=conadmin Cmnd_Alias KILL1=/usr/bin/kill -HUPAA ALL=NOPASSWD:KILL1 When I login as the user and execute 'sudo -l' command, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohzub
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't sudo Using Group Permission

All: I'm having a problem with sudo on Solaris 5.10 that is giving me fits (and BTW, I'm a Linux admin by trade...). The issue is that I have a number of users (myself included) that cannot sudo to root to complete user admin tasks. Assuming the user is jdoe, and the group with the elevated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjlohman
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grant sudo permission

Hi all, I have to grant sudo permission to a user. I have searched online and find that /etc/sudoers file needs to be changed with visudo command. As i am new to linux, this is not clear to me. Can anybody take an example and show me how exactly this done. Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies

5. AIX

issue with cd command on sudo

Hi admins, I have installed sudo in aix 5.3 and configured sudoers file.Every command is working fine with sudo except cd . If i give sudo cd /etc/security it returns nothing.There is no pwd change and no any error messages. sudo -l command returns all executables including cd. sudo ls... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
8 Replies

6. Linux

Sudo issue

Dear All, I wanted to execute sqlplus using another user instead of oracle user. I have given user AA sudo permissions in such a way that it can execute all oracle related files. when i try the below command from user AA ,it is not working. sudo -u oracle sh -c sqlplus Error 6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Sudo entry required to set permission similar to ROOT without using password (PASSWD) change optio

Hi All I had installed sudo in HP UX 11.3 and it is working fine but not able to make entry required to set permission similar to ROOT without using password (PASSWD) change option for define user in /etc/sudoers file Please help if some know the syntex? :confused::wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deviltech
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Adding user with Sudo permission in solaris 9

How can I add user with Sudo permission in solaris 9 ? I'm new in Solaris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmednoaman
2 Replies

9. AIX

Sudo issue

Hello! I have this weird issue that started lately. I'm login as normal user lets call it "guy" and I type the command:sudo cat /etc/passwd what happens next is this reply in the command line: I'm not getting any prompt to enter password. (I don't have the "nopasswd" see the attachment image... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
25 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing bash file with sudo for the second time, leads to permission denied, for some commands

I have a script that checks if the script has been ran with sudo. If the script is not ran as sudo, the current script is being executed with exec sudo bash. You are asked for a password, you type in the password, success. Everything is perfect - the commands inside the script are ran as sudo.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boqsc
1 Replies
SSSD-SUDO(5)						   File Formats and Conventions 					      SSSD-SUDO(5)

NAME
sssd-sudo - Configuring sudo with the SSSD back end DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes how to configure sudo(8) to work with sssd(8) and how SSSD caches sudo rules. CONFIGURING SUDO TO COOPERATE WITH SSSD
To enable SSSD as a source for sudo rules, add sss to the sudoers entry in nsswitch.conf(5). For example, to configure sudo to first lookup rules in the standard sudoers(5) file (which should contain rules that apply to local users) and then in SSSD, the nsswitch.conf file should contain the following line: sudoers: files sss More information about configuring the sudoers search order from the nsswitch.conf file as well as information about the LDAP schema that is used to store sudo rules in the directory can be found in sudoers.ldap(5). Note: in order to use netgroups or IPA hostgroups in sudo rules, you also need to correctly set nisdomainname(1) to your NIS domain name (which equals to IPA domain name when using hostgroups). CONFIGURING SSSD TO FETCH SUDO RULES
All configuration that is needed on SSSD side is to extend the list of services with "sudo" in [sssd] section of sssd.conf(5). To speed up the LDAP lookups, you can also set search base for sudo rules using ldap_sudo_search_base option. The following example shows how to configure SSSD to download sudo rules from an LDAP server. [sssd] config_file_version = 2 services = nss, pam, sudo domains = EXAMPLE [domain/EXAMPLE] id_provider = ldap sudo_provider = ldap ldap_uri = ldap://example.com ldap_sudo_search_base = ou=sudoers,dc=example,dc=com When the SSSD is configured to use IPA as the ID provider, the sudo provider is automatically enabled. The sudo search base is configured to use the compat tree (ou=sudoers,$DC). THE SUDO RULE CACHING MECHANISM
The biggest challenge, when developing sudo support in SSSD, was to ensure that running sudo with SSSD as the data source provides the same user experience and is as fast as sudo but keeps providing the most current set of rules as possible. To satisfy these requirements, SSSD uses three kinds of updates. They are referred to as full refresh, smart refresh and rules refresh. The smart refresh periodically downloads rules that are new or were modified after the last update. Its primary goal is to keep the database growing by fetching only small increments that do not generate large amounts of network traffic. The full refresh simply deletes all sudo rules stored in the cache and replaces them with all rules that are stored on the server. This is used to keep the cache consistent by removing every rule which was deleted from the server. However, full refresh may produce a lot of traffic and thus it should be run only occasionally depending on the size and stability of the sudo rules. The rules refresh ensures that we do not grant the user more permission than defined. It is triggered each time the user runs sudo. Rules refresh will find all rules that apply to this user, check their expiration time and redownload them if expired. In the case that any of these rules are missing on the server, the SSSD will do an out of band full refresh because more rules (that apply to other users) may have been deleted. If enabled, SSSD will store only rules that can be applied to this machine. This means rules that contain one of the following values in sudoHost attribute: o keyword ALL o wildcard o netgroup (in the form "+netgroup") o hostname or fully qualified domain name of this machine o one of the IP addresses of this machine o one of the IP addresses of the network (in the form "address/mask") There are many configuration options that can be used to adjust the behavior. Please refer to "ldap_sudo_*" in sssd-ldap(5) and "sudo_*" in sssd.conf(5). SEE ALSO
sssd(8), sssd.conf(5), sssd-ldap(5), sssd-krb5(5), sssd-simple(5), sssd-ipa(5), sssd-ad(5), sssd-sudo(5),sss_cache(8), sss_debuglevel(8), sss_groupadd(8), sss_groupdel(8), sss_groupshow(8), sss_groupmod(8), sss_useradd(8), sss_userdel(8), sss_usermod(8), sss_obfuscate(8), sss_seed(8), sssd_krb5_locator_plugin(8), sss_ssh_authorizedkeys(8), sss_ssh_knownhostsproxy(8),pam_sss(8). AUTHORS
The SSSD upstream - http://fedorahosted.org/sssd SSSD
06/17/2014 SSSD-SUDO(5)