Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Printing specified lines only Post 302155212 by Yogesh Sawant on Thursday 3rd of January 2008 06:39:10 AM
Old 01-03-2008
to get quick responses, tell something more about what are you trying to archive

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Suppress last N lines printing

Hi, I want to know different ways of suppressing printing of last N lines. Can anyone help? Thanks, Sree (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chakri400
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing lines with specific awk NF

I have this files: ./frm/lf_mt1_cd.Ic_cell_template.attr ./die/addgen_tb_pumd.Ic_cell_template.attr ./min_m1_n.Ic_cell_template.attr When I use: awk -F\/ '{print NF}' Would result to: 3 3 2 I would like to list the files with 3 fields on it. Any Suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jehrome_rando
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

selective printing of lines

Hi all , i need to grep for a string in a text file and print the string and the 3rd line above it. As always , Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: okiedokie
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing coloured lines

I want to print "Hello,How are you" in green colour using printf. How to do so? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the lines which proceeds the particular string

Hi, We are facing some issues while finding the particular string. Our file is: cat 1.txt Node Name(s) Preparation fragment Partition: Transformation instance: Transformation: Applied rows: Affected rows: Rejected rows: Throughput(Rows/Sec): Throughput(Bytes/Sec): Last... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing all lines before a specific string and a custom message 2 lines after

Hello all, I need to print all the lines before a specific string and print a custom message 2 lines after that. So far I have managed to print everything up the string, inclusively, but I can't figure out how to print the 2 lines after that and the custom message. My code thus far is:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SEinT
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the lines which are repeating in a files

Hi, I need to find the lines which are repeating in a file cat file1 abcdef 23-1 abcdef 24-1 bcdeff 25-0 ttdcfg 26-0 ttdcfg 20-0 bcdef1 25-0 bcdef2 25-0 bcdef3 25-0 bcdef4 25-0 bcdef4 00-0any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. In need to find which one are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpkumar10
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the lines that appear in an other file, and the three lines after them

Hi ! I need some help with a script I am writing. I am trying to compare two files, the first file being in this format : Header1 Text1-1 Text1-2 Text1-3 Header2 Text2-1 etc... For each header, I want to check if it appears in the second file, and if it is the case print the header... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing lines before and after a record

Hello Everyone, I want to print out the records after and before a certain record. I am able to figure out how to print that particular record but not the ones before and after. Looking for some advice Thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing out lines that have the same value in the first column but different value in the second

Hi, I have a text file that looks like the following: ILMN_1343291 6 74341083 74341772 ILMN_1343291 6 74341195 74341099 ILMN_1343295 12 6387581 6387650 ILMN_1651209 1 1657001 1657050 ILMN_1651209 5 83524260 83524309 I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies
ARCHIVE_WRITE_FILTER(3) 				   BSD Library Functions Manual 				   ARCHIVE_WRITE_FILTER(3)

NAME
archive_write_add_filter_bzip2, archive_write_add_filter_compress, archive_write_add_filter_gzip, archive_write_add_filter_lzip, archive_write_add_filter_lzma, archive_write_add_filter_none, archive_write_add_filter_program, archive_write_add_filter_xz LIBRARY
Streaming Archive Library (libarchive, -larchive) SYNOPSIS
#include <archive.h> int archive_write_add_filter_bzip2(struct archive *); int archive_write_add_filter_compress(struct archive *); int archive_write_add_filter_gzip(struct archive *); int archive_write_add_filter_lzip(struct archive *); int archive_write_add_filter_lzma(struct archive *); int archive_write_add_filter_none(struct archive *); int archive_write_add_filter_program(struct archive *, const char * cmd); int archive_write_add_filter_xz(struct archive *); DESCRIPTION
archive_write_add_filter_bzip2(), archive_write_add_filter_compress(), archive_write_add_filter_gzip(), archive_write_add_filter_lzip(), archive_write_add_filter_lzma(), archive_write_add_filter_xz(), The resulting archive will be compressed as specified. Note that the compressed output is always properly blocked. archive_write_add_filter_none() This is never necessary. It is provided only for backwards compatibility. archive_write_add_filter_program() The archive will be fed into the specified compression program. The output of that program is blocked and written to the client write callbacks. RETURN VALUES
These functions return ARCHIVE_OK on success, or ARCHIVE_FATAL. ERRORS
Detailed error codes and textual descriptions are available from the archive_errno() and archive_error_string() functions. SEE ALSO
tar(1), libarchive(3), archive_write(3), archive_write_format(3), archive_write_set_options(3), cpio(5), mtree(5), tar(5) BSD
February 2, 2012 BSD