Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Please Explain me the output
Top Forums Programming Please Explain me the output Post 302155107 by porter on Thursday 3rd of January 2008 01:49:43 AM
Old 01-03-2008
Your code is leaping around in the data segment. No surprises.

The give away is you have to cast from "def" showing you are trying to cheat the compiler.

As for the "40", it shows you have no concern for any array bounds.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the output of the command....

Explain the output of the command “sort -rfn file1 | more” (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wickbc
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please can any one explain this ${0##/}

I did not understand what is ${0##/} PGM=${0##/} TMP=/tmp/${PGM}.$$ Please explain me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gadege
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please explain this

if then echo "Syntax: $0 <sid> <COLD/HOT> <DEST>" exit fi if --------------what does this mean??? echo "Syntax: $0 <sid> <COLD/HOT> <DEST>"---pls explain this as well (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appsdba.nitin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

can any one explain this example

hi all i have an example i want one help me to understand cause i tried to test it but almost fail and i don't know how can i solve this problem " the main idea to read from two files and replace something from one to another " but i don't understand why it fail all time $ cat main.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

5. Programming

Explain output

#include<signal.h> #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> sigcatcher() { printf("pid=%d",getpid()); signal(SIGINT,sigcatcher); //line1 } main() { int ppid; signal(SIGINT,sigcatcher); if(fork()==0) { sleep(5); ppid=getppid(); while(1)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gol007
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anyone please explain this??

cur_fy=`grep "CONSOL" $GLDATA/parms/cur_fiscalyear.lis | awk '{print $2}' Here i don't understand "CONSOL" and awk'{print$2) Please help me out cur_fiscalyear.lis contents : DL 2011 MOL 2011 MV 2011 SF 2010 CONSOL 2011 MVU 2011 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diddy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need explain

Dear unix team i'm user for a system build on unix system ,so we need to run a lot of scripts not in one sission but every script on the associated terminal , so the script name = the name of the terminal which will run this script on it . and someone create a batch that make as below : 1- but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fofatoti
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Help Explain the output of probe-scsi

Can anyone explain the output of probe-scsi command below? ok probe-scsi Target 0 Unit 0 Disk SEAGATE ST373207LSUN72G 045A Target 1 Unit 0 Disk SEAGATE ST373207LSUN72G 045A I have no idea what it means. I tried to read online but I still did not understand. I appreciate... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netstat -an output, pls. explain..

Hi, I have old SCO O/S. System keeps crashing. I made lot of changes to kernel but so for nothing helped. I wrote a script which takes netstat -an output every one minute. I saw some thing right before the system crashed. Not sure if this means anything.. uname -a SCO_SV djx2 3.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Explain the output of swap -s and swap -l

Hi Solaris Folks :), I need to calculate the swap usage on solaris server, please let me understand the output of below swap -s and swap -l commands. $swap -s total: 1774912k bytes allocated + 240616k reserved = 2015528k used, 14542512k available $swap -l swapfile dev swaplo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
6 Replies
one-bit-instrument(7)						  Numm Tutorials					     one-bit-instrument(7)

NAME
one bit instrument - how to make a gnarly synth with numm-run SYNOPSIS
numm-run FILE DESCRIPTION
In this tutorial we will learn how to live-code a one-bit synthesizer controlled by mouse position. It is intended as a gentle introduc- tion to development with numm-run. To get started, create a text file with the following method stubs: def audio_out(a): pass def video_out(a): pass Save the file as onebit.py, and then launch it with numm-run: numm-run onebit.py You should see a blank window appear. We will now make some sound and light by changing the value of a in the audio_out and video_out functions: def audio_out(a): a[::100] = 2**15 def video_out(a): a.flat[::100] = 255 Save the file, and you should see and hear the sketch update. This is using numpy's array-indexing to turn every hundredth audio sample and pixel-color on. The audio sample rate is by default 44100Hz, so it produces a series of clicks that will be perceived as a 441Hz tone. We can turn this into an instrument by connecting mouse motion to frequency: period = 100 def audio_out(a): a[::period] = 2**15 def video_out(a): a.flat[::period] = 255 def mouse_in(type,px,py,button): global period period = px*1000 Finally, let's use the keyboard to record and jump to notes. The first time you press a key, it records the period, and subsequant depres- sions play the saved period: period = 100 record = {} def audio_out(a): a[::period] = 2**15 def video_out(a): a.flat[::period] = 255 def mouse_in(type,px,py,button): global period period = px*1000 def keyboard_in(type,key): global period if record.has_key(key): period = record[key] elif record.has_key(key): record[] = period SEE ALSO
numm-run(1), numm.getting-started(7), numm.spectral-analysis(7) numm February 2012 one-bit-instrument(7)