Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup failed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Backup failed Post 302154807 by frank_rizzo on Wednesday 2nd of January 2008 01:33:33 AM
Old 01-02-2008
Can you post the below directory permissions?

Code:
ls -ld /
ls -ld /dev
ls -ld /tmp

Can you read a previous backup tape? Are you able to list out the contents of the tape with cpio running as the non-root user?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

EOD backup failed

EOD backup failed with following error: 05/08/07 01:10:02 write /home/compdir to DATTAPE 2712860 blocks UX: cpio: HALT: Cannot read from device 1 error Failed on shell-script: cpio -ictB 2>>/home2/Rev83/misc/logs/bk.End-of-day 1>/dev/null </dev/rct0 05/08/07 2:29:14 What above output... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nervous
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

3. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Backup Files Failed

I am having difficulty in doing ontape -s -L 0. At first it was giving a message Archive failed - function to write to tape failed code -l errno 5. After about 24 hours it says "could not write archive tape. What do I do? Can anyone please advise on what the problem is and what I can do? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gillonye
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

6. AIX

backup script failed with error '0403-005 Cannot create the specified file'

In AIX 5.1, a daily run script that backing up oracle data failed yesterday with following errors: The Tivoli backup of DBPROD failed. What could be the issue, OS, backup or Oracle? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

9. AIX

Backup: The lseek call failed

Hi, We are facing issues while backing up our 1205 GB filesystem on LTO5 Tape. During backup the "backup: The lseek call failed." messages were generated, I want to know why these messages were generating AIX version is: 6100-08-00-0000 backup: The date of this level 0 backup is Mon Mar 11... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
4 Replies
AMRMTAPE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       AMRMTAPE(8)

NAME
amrmtape - remove a tape from the Amanda database SYNOPSIS
amrmtape [ -n ] [ -v ] [ -q ] [ -d ] config label DESCRIPTION
Amrmtape invalidates the contents of an existing backup tape in the configuration database. This is meant as a recovery mechanism when a good backup is damaged either by faulty hardware or user error, e.g. the tape is eaten by the drive or is overwritten. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. OPTIONS
-n Generate new tapelist and database files with label removed, but leave them in /tmp and do not update the original copies. -v List backups of hosts and disks that are being discarded. Enabled by default. -q Opposite of -v. -d Run in debugging mode so all executed commands are shown. EXAMPLE
Remove tape labeled DAILY034 from the DailySet1 configuration. # amrmtape DailySet1 DAILY034 AUTHOR
Adrian T. Filipi-Martin <atf3r@cs.virginia.edu> SEE ALSO
amadmin(8), amanda(8) AMRMTAPE(8)