Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replacing a line that may have different values on different servers Post 302154581 by Franklin52 on Monday 31st of December 2007 10:20:58 AM
Old 12-31-2007
With sed:

Code:
sed 's/disable_functions = .*/disable_functions = exec/' php.ini > file.tmp
mv file.tmp php.ini

If your sed version support the -i option:

Code:
sed -i 's/disable_functions = .*/disable_functions = exec/' php.ini

With awk:

Code:
awk '$0 ~ /disable_functions = /{print "disable_functions = exec";next}1' php.ini > file.tmp
mv file.tmp php.ini

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing File values

Currently I am using the tr command in 3 scenarios for a ksh script. 1) Replacing any spaces in the file with a ~ tr ' ' '~' <$orignalFile> $newFile 2) After certain processing is done at the end of the scirpt i convert the Tilde back to spaces tr ' ' '~' <$newFile> $newFile2 3) Last... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hgjdv
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing string values from a File

I want to replace string values from a file to a file For eg : File1 has 30 lines of string with values, those specific values needs to be changed in file2 and remaining values in file2 should be as it is. For example: From file (File1) cluster.name=secondaryCluster To replace File... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing negative values in a column with zero

Hi, i need help on replacing negative values in a column with 0. any quick fix on this? thanks much. for instance, input: 1 2.3 -0.4 -25 12 13 45 -12 desired output 1 2.3 0 0 12 13 45 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing column values

hi all , ( perl) i am trying to replace jst one column in a file for eg month dayofweek dealar car-name jan thurs mercedes c300 feb wed lexus is300 all this data is in a master file and i want to replace jan with 1 feb... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: technoman
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing values in a column if they equal a certain value

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file where some lines have the string "NA" in the second column. For these lines, I want to replace NA with the value in the first column, the symbol underscore followed by the value in the fourth column. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! Input: 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file to read values from Db2 table replacing hard coded values

Hi, I want to replace a chain of if-else statement in an old AWK file with values from Db2 table or CSV file. The part of code is below... if (start_new_rec=="true"){ exclude_user="false"; user=toupper($6); match(user, "XXXXX."); if (RSTART ==2 ) { ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asandy1234
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting and replacing according to block values

please consider the following file, there are repeated blocks of m values, and nested s values within. there are 2 columns (cols 3 and 4)associated with each m,s combination. All s1 rows must get a value of a(col 3 in output), all s2 values must get a value of b(col 3 in output). If s1 and s2 rows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senhia83
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to compare values between servers

Hi I am a beginner in UNIX and shell scripting and i have a requirement as stated below, requirement Login to a unix server 1 1. connect to a database mysql -uUsername -pPassword 2. Select a Schema : "Use Schemaname1" 3. query for a particular record ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hamdul
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in replacing column values

Hello All, I am having the file as below .I need to replace column 9-12 with some other values. In the below file I need to replace 1509 to 1508 and 1508 to 1507 .Can you please help me in how to do that Thanks, Arun ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replacing values inside a file.

Good day guys, I'm having trouble in creating a logic when it comes to replacing the values inside a file. I tried using sed command but it just doesn't work the way I want it to be. Here is what I'm trying to achieve. If my input file contains the values below. NAME++GUEST1 ++GUESS2++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asdfghjkl
3 Replies
SLIST(1)							       slist								  SLIST(1)

NAME
slist - Lists available NetWare Servers SYNOPSIS
slist [ pattern ] DESCRIPTION
slist lists all NetWare Servers available in your network. If slist does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the servers on your network by doing slist | wc -l OPTIONS
pattern pattern is used to list only servers whose names match the specified pattern. For a server to be listed, the pattern must match the full server name. You can use wildcards for the pattern, but you must protect these wildcards from any command line expansion by quoting. Case doesn't matter. EXAMPLE
slist "I*" or slist "i*" List all available Netware servers on your Network, that begin with an "I". SEE ALSO
ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pqlist(1), nprint(1) CREDITS
slist was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) BUGS
slist works only in IPX environment, as it uses SAP to find first server and then Bindery to get list of servers. slist 01/07/1996 SLIST(1)