Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rsh & Sqlldr
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rsh & Sqlldr Post 302154550 by epall on Monday 31st of December 2007 03:38:20 AM
Old 12-31-2007
Rsh & Sqlldr

Dear expert,

Can we invoke sqlldr command remotely.
When I try rsh command in machine 10.1.65.116, it's failed on sqlloader command. However, nothing wrong on the shell scripts or environment setting of the remote environment, I able to execute in the scripts in remote machine.

in machine 10.1.65.116
$ rsh 10.1.65.176 -l ciopr01 ksh sqlldr.ksh
Result : sqlldr: not found
<<<Dun not understand why >>>

in machine 10.1.65.176
$ ksh sqlldr.ksh
Result : Data successfully loaded

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsh & rlogin

I'm trying to execute the next command: " rsh CompName date " which means i want to get the date from a machine which i have its CompName. but i get the answer : "Connection refused" what do i need to do ? how can i sign myself as user or guest in the other machine ? thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Inbal
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rcp & rsh

Hi everybody, I have a problem with rcp & rsh command from Winnt 4 to an AIX machine. I would like to use rsh from Winnt on Unix but it works only with some machines of the domain. With the others, an error message appears and say : "myadress.com: rshd: 0826-826 The host name for your address... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfrangidis
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlldr help

1.The below script works perfectly fine in dev. However, i have been told that i cannot hardcode the password into the file during production impementation. Is their way i could ask the user to enter the password when the script is executed 2. I have seven different files each of which needs to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: systemsb
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know sqlldr error?

Hi all, Can anyone know how to get the error codes from 'sqlldr' ?While am trying to load some 'ISO-8859-1' data file into 'utf8' oracle database,some records are rejected.I want to know the reason,whether it is due to charset mismatch or some other issues.How come i to know that ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remote commands problem using RSH & Rexec

I have enabled the RSH and Rexec command in my HP-UX server but when i try to send any command to the server it returns Execute Permission Denied except commands like ls-l C:\rsh xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -l mpac mxpkill 12 the mxpkill command work when I log to the server using telnet with the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fhuwaidy
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlldr end of file

Hi, I've a batch program that load data from a file like: 00000013|FERRAN|JULIAN|GONZALEZ|1| 00000014|FRANCESC|NARVAEZ|PAZOS|1| 00000015|INMACULADA|MAYOL|BELTRAN|2| I used the sqlldr command in this way: sqlldr userid=U/P control=$SCRIPTS/CTRL.WCT data=$DATA/FILE log=$LOGS/FILE.LOG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raippl
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RSH or SSH & security

I am wanting to run backups to remote servers ie: A to B's tape drive and B to A's tape drive. Should I use rsh or ssh? It looks as those rsh opens up security issues (the backup has to run as root). Which one should be used and does someone have the links to set up allowed connections. In what I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jphess
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell con sqlldr

Hola, Genere un proceso en proC que me inserta registros a oracle, el cual ejecuto desde un shell en Unix. Por otro lado tengo un sqlldr que me hace el trabajo en un 25 % de tiempo que mi proceso en C. Se que puedo ejecutar mi sqlldr desde un shell, pero no se como hacer, alguien tiene un... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcoinxs
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlldr in shell script

Hi I'm using SQL*Loader in shell script as below sqlldr $uname/$pword@$ORACLE_SID parfile=$test.par for e.g. if $test is 'file1' and getting the below error LRM-00109: could not open parameter file 'file1' LRM-00113: error when processing file 'file1' SQL*Loader: Release... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoth_kumar
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problem in the sqlldr & shell script

Guys i am facing two problems : (1) when i create the sql loader file the date format i m getting is this 28-DEC-11 12.03.14.107137 AM; for this i m using this script but unable to load the files trailing nullcols ( SERIALNO, AMOUNT, CLASS, MDN, VDATE "to_date(:TIMESTAMP, 'DD-MON-YY... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xal_kaushi
6 Replies
RSH(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RSH(1)

NAME
rsh -- remote shell SYNOPSIS
rsh [-46dn] [-l username] [-p port] host [command] rsh [-46dn] [-p port] username@host [command] DESCRIPTION
rsh executes command on host. rsh copies its standard input to the remote command, the standard output of the remote command to its standard output, and the standard error of the remote command to its standard error. Interrupt, quit and terminate signals are propagated to the remote command; rsh normally termi- nates when the remote command does. The options are as follows: -4 Use IPv4 addresses only. -6 Use IPv6 addresses only. -d The -d option turns on socket debugging (using setsockopt(2)) on the TCP sockets used for communication with the remote host. -l username By default, the remote username is the same as the local username. The -l option or the username@host format allow the remote name to be specified. -n The -n option redirects input from the special device /dev/null (see the BUGS section of this manual page). -p port Uses the given port instead of the one assigned to the service ``shell''. May be given either as symbolic name or as number. If no command is given, note that rlogin(1) is started, which may need a different daemon (rlogind(8) instead of rshd(8)) run- ning on the server; you want to pass the rshd(8) port number in that case. If no command is specified, you will be logged in on the remote host using rlogin(1). Shell metacharacters which are not quoted are interpreted on local machine, while quoted metacharacters are interpreted on the remote machine. For example, the command rsh otherhost cat remotefile >> localfile appends the remote file remotefile to the local file localfile, while rsh otherhost cat remotefile ">>" other_remotefile appends remotefile to other_remotefile. FILES
/etc/hosts SEE ALSO
rcmd(1), rlogin(1), rcmd(3), hosts.equiv(5), rhosts(5), environ(7) HISTORY
The rsh command appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
If you are using csh(1) and put a rsh in the background without redirecting its input away from the terminal, it will block even if no reads are posted by the remote command. If no input is desired you should redirect the input of rsh to /dev/null using the -n option. You cannot run an interactive command (like rogue(6) or vi(1)) using rsh; use rlogin(1) instead. Stop signals stop the local rsh process only; this is arguably wrong, but currently hard to fix for reasons too complicated to explain here. BSD
March 9, 2005 BSD