Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: splashy starting up error
Operating Systems Linux splashy starting up error Post 302154342 by dave123 on Saturday 29th of December 2007 09:48:52 AM
Old 12-29-2007
Ok i have solve the rpm build error bb instaed of ba if only getting splashy to work, its been 2 days now of googling etc im out of ideas

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Docbase starting Error

Hi All, I am trying to start the docbase but i am getting the following error-: $ ./dm_start_ncsglorbiprd00 interpreter "/bin/sh" not found file link resolves to "/usr/bin/sh" sh: ./dm_start_ncsglorbiprd00: not found. Can anyone please help me in this regard. Thanks in advance ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divyac
0 Replies

2. Linux

Splashy works in Fedora except progress bar

Hello everyone, i really hope someone can help, or suggest something. I have succesfully installed splashy in fedora 8 :)(even made rpms) however i cannot get the progress bar to work properly:(, i believe it is working a bit because it flickers a bit in the progressbar place initially,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dave123
1 Replies

3. Slackware

I/O Error on starting firefox

I was trying to open the port for my ftp end also I´ve triedto start firefox and so i received the following error: Input / Output Error. When i try to start that one in console i receive the following: No Protocol Especified No Protocol Especified Error: Cannot open display: :0,0 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darkpirate
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Error when starting apache

Due to an activity scheduled on the server, I had stop the apache process and then restart when the activity completed. The activity started at 9am and ended around 9 pm. To list the apache processes that were running on the server before I stopped it, I used ps -ef | grep apache, and these were... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
11 Replies
SPLASHY_UPDATE(1)					 Splashy POSIX boot splash system					 SPLASHY_UPDATE(1)

NAME
Splashy - a user-mode, POSIX and LSB compliant, boot splashing system for UNIX. SYNOPSIS
splashy_update "<text>" DESCRIPTION
Splashy displays an image and a progress bar at boot time. splashy_update is used to send commands to the running Splashy daemon. See "COMMANDS" below to know which commands Splashy understands. OPTIONS
text Sends text to Splashy socket. COMMANDS
chroot <string> <string> is a valid path to which Splashy will be chroot'd. chvt <number> Switch to vt <number>. clear Clears the text box area. CLEAR Same as "clrprint". For compatibility with usplash. exit Exits Splashy server. getstring <string> Makes splashy prompt for a string. The first argument will be the prompt displayed. getpass <string> Same as getstring except that the characters typed will no be shown, like in a password box. progress <number> Updates the progress bar to <number>%, where N is a number between 0 and 100. PROGRESS <number> Same as "progress". For compatibility with usplash. print <string> Print <string> in the text box. scroll <string> Print <string> in the text box and scroll down. repaint Redraw the background image. TEXT <string> Same as "print". For compatibility with usplash. SCROLL <string> Same as "scroll". timeout <number> Sets the amount of seconds splashy waits for new commands. If that time is exceeded, it exits. QUIT Same as "exit". For compatibility with usplash. RETURN CODES
1 cannot open the socket 2 cannot write to socket 3 invalid args 255 /etc/splashy does not exist FILES
/etc/splashy/config.xml Main configuration. defines how splashy should be setup. SEE ALSO
splashy(1), splashy_config(1), splashy-config.xml(5), splashy-theme.xml(5) AUTHORS
Andrew Williams <mistik1@geeksinthehood.net> Luis Mondesi <lemsx1@gmail.com> perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 SPLASHY_UPDATE(1)