Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Openbsd as gateway Problem
Special Forums IP Networking Openbsd as gateway Problem Post 302154281 by Neo on Friday 28th of December 2007 10:14:03 PM
Old 12-28-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_APIIT
What u mean by static configuration ? Is it something related to manually enter ip address in client(host) pc ?
Thanks.
When you are posting here use "you" not "u" ... these are the rules.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please help with openbsd 2.9

Please help. I have downloaded the openbsd 2.9 snapshot from ftp.openbsd.org. the following files were downloaded from the snapshot dir. ( the whole dir. was downloaded ) base29,bsd,bsd.rd,cdrom29.fs,cksum,comp29,etc29,all three floppy images,game29,index,install.ata,install.chs... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
11 Replies

2. BSD

OpenBSD : mount problem

hi I have two hhd's. One is primary disk which holds the OpenBSD system and the other is my download disk (disk2). I formatted disk2 in "ffs" type. And created a "disklabel", wd1a. The disklabel program says "No change made", but I can see the changes by "p" command. I cannot mount my disk2!... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fnoyan
1 Replies

3. BSD

[OpenBSD] DNS startup problem

I have the DNS files set up on my OpenBSD 4.0 amd64 system however when I run named, I get the following error in my logs: Sep 23 10:43:03 grunty named: starting BIND 9.3.2-P1 Sep 23 10:43:03 grunty named: /etc/named.conf:25: change directory to '/var/named' failed: file not found Sep 23... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
2 Replies

4. BSD

Trying to get into OpenBSD

I am an eight year Linux user and after getting into an argument with someone about OpenBSD overiding my theory that OS security is 50% OS and 50% admin skill, I decided to try OpenBSD for myself. I've tried BSDs before and haven't been able to get into them for day to dy use, but I am going to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

5. BSD

openbsd-pf

hello , I wondered if anyone could assist me in writing a simple packet filter firewall on my OpenBSD v4.5. All I intend doing is to have two firewalling machine on a separate network : 192.168.1.1 ext_if = xl0 (dhcp) // Internet interface int_if=xl1 // Internatl interface ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattjam
0 Replies

6. BSD

Xwindows Problem OPenBSD 4.6

Hi, I have OPENBSD 4.6 installed as a VM in Virtual Box on my Ubuntu 9.10 machine. Problem is that the XWindows will not start when I boot my OPENBSD VM. I am new to OPENBSD. How do I fix this problem? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

7. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Small Problem about Default Gateway

I have Ubuntu linux Os with two eth cards. I can easily delete def gatewayg. But I can't add new one.. :confused::confused: When I run route-n: alperen@alperen-System-Product-Name:~$ route -n Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mhnds
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Routing problem : two interfaces one gateway

hi folks, i have a horstbox-router with the following configuration. it has 4 ethernet ports from wich one (wan0) is configured as an external modem via dhcp. at this port/interface(wan0) it is connected with my home network (other switch). this configuration results in the following... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencaslan
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
intro(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						  intro(7)

NAME
intro - Introduction to special files DESCRIPTION
Section 7 describes the special files, related driver functions, and networking support available in the system. In this section of the reference pages, the SYNOPSIS heading of each configurable device gives a sample specification for use in constructing a system description for the config program. The DIAGNOSTICS heading lists messages that may appear on the console and in the system error log file /usr/adm/syserr/syserr.hostname due to errors in device operation. Software support for configurable devices comes in two forms. A hardware device may be supported with a character or block device driver or, if used within the networking subsystem, may be supported with a network interface driver. There are some devices that have fixed input/output space CSR addresses and interrupt vector addresses. There are no address switches or jumpers that need to be set up by the customer or Field Service. Some reference pages in this section may contain suffixes to allow their files to exist with those of other reference pages having the same base name and section number. When used, suffixes are made up of one to four letters. See the man(1) reference page for more information on suffixes. FILES
/dev/* RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: MAKEDEV(8) delim off intro(7)