Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Openbsd as gateway Problem
Special Forums IP Networking Openbsd as gateway Problem Post 302154128 by Peter_APIIT on Friday 28th of December 2007 04:40:31 AM
Old 12-28-2007
I have routed off. I don't know whether this is the problem. Let me on and try it again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please help with openbsd 2.9

Please help. I have downloaded the openbsd 2.9 snapshot from ftp.openbsd.org. the following files were downloaded from the snapshot dir. ( the whole dir. was downloaded ) base29,bsd,bsd.rd,cdrom29.fs,cksum,comp29,etc29,all three floppy images,game29,index,install.ata,install.chs... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
11 Replies

2. BSD

OpenBSD : mount problem

hi I have two hhd's. One is primary disk which holds the OpenBSD system and the other is my download disk (disk2). I formatted disk2 in "ffs" type. And created a "disklabel", wd1a. The disklabel program says "No change made", but I can see the changes by "p" command. I cannot mount my disk2!... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fnoyan
1 Replies

3. BSD

[OpenBSD] DNS startup problem

I have the DNS files set up on my OpenBSD 4.0 amd64 system however when I run named, I get the following error in my logs: Sep 23 10:43:03 grunty named: starting BIND 9.3.2-P1 Sep 23 10:43:03 grunty named: /etc/named.conf:25: change directory to '/var/named' failed: file not found Sep 23... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
2 Replies

4. BSD

Trying to get into OpenBSD

I am an eight year Linux user and after getting into an argument with someone about OpenBSD overiding my theory that OS security is 50% OS and 50% admin skill, I decided to try OpenBSD for myself. I've tried BSDs before and haven't been able to get into them for day to dy use, but I am going to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

5. BSD

openbsd-pf

hello , I wondered if anyone could assist me in writing a simple packet filter firewall on my OpenBSD v4.5. All I intend doing is to have two firewalling machine on a separate network : 192.168.1.1 ext_if = xl0 (dhcp) // Internet interface int_if=xl1 // Internatl interface ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattjam
0 Replies

6. BSD

Xwindows Problem OPenBSD 4.6

Hi, I have OPENBSD 4.6 installed as a VM in Virtual Box on my Ubuntu 9.10 machine. Problem is that the XWindows will not start when I boot my OPENBSD VM. I am new to OPENBSD. How do I fix this problem? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

7. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Small Problem about Default Gateway

I have Ubuntu linux Os with two eth cards. I can easily delete def gatewayg. But I can't add new one.. :confused::confused: When I run route-n: alperen@alperen-System-Product-Name:~$ route -n Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mhnds
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Routing problem : two interfaces one gateway

hi folks, i have a horstbox-router with the following configuration. it has 4 ethernet ports from wich one (wan0) is configured as an external modem via dhcp. at this port/interface(wan0) it is connected with my home network (other switch). this configuration results in the following... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencaslan
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
RTQUERY(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						RTQUERY(8)

NAME
rtquery -- query routing daemons for their routing tables SYNOPSIS
rtquery [-1np] [-a secret] [-r addr] [-w timeout] host ... rtquery [-t op] host ... DESCRIPTION
rtquery is used to query a RIP network routing daemon, routed(8) or gated(8), for its routing table by sending a request or poll command. The routing information in any routing response packets returned is displayed numerically and symbolically. rtquery by default uses the request command. When the -p option is specified, rtquery uses the poll command, an undocumented extension to the RIP protocol supported by gated(8). When querying gated(8), the poll command is preferred over the request command because the response is not subject to Split Horizon and/or Poisoned Reverse, and because some versions of gated do not answer the request command. routed(8) does not answer the poll command, but recognizes requests coming from rtquery and so answers completely. rtquery is also used to turn tracing on or off in routed(8). The following options are available: -n displays only the numeric network and host numbers instead of both numeric and symbolic. -p uses the poll command to request full routing information from gated(8). This is an undocumented extension RIP protocol supported only by gated(8). -1 queries using RIP version 1 instead of RIP version 2. -w timeout changes the delay for an answer from each host. By default, each host is given 15 seconds to respond. -r addr asks about the route to destination addr. -a passwd=XXX -a md5_passwd=XXX|KeyID causes the query to be sent with the indicated cleartext or MD5 password. -t op changes tracing, where op is one of the following. Requests from processes not running with UID 0 or on distant networks are gener- ally ignored by the daemon except for a message in the system log. gated(8) is likely to ignore these debugging requests. on=tracefile turns tracing on into the specified file. That file must usually have been specified when the daemon was started or be the same as a fixed name, often /etc/routed.trace. more increases the debugging level. off turns off tracing. dump dumps the daemon's routing table to the current tracefile. SEE ALSO
gated(8), routed(8), pkgsrc/net/gated Routing Information Protocol, RIPv1, RFC 1058, 1988. Routing Information Protocol, RIPv2, RFC 1723, 1994. BSD
September 11, 2009 BSD