Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remove help removing to files Post 302154032 by frank_rizzo on Thursday 27th of December 2007 06:44:39 PM
Old 12-27-2007
you can also do it this way

rm -- -exec
rm -- -type

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing files

I have AIX 5.1 I was wondering how to remove a file name with a space in it Say {tb lsv.csv} ? When I use the {rm} command if you have a space it thinks it is a new file. So it looks for {tb} and {lsv.csv} instead of the name as a whole. Thanks in advance Dave By the way guys and gals the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Removing Files

Hi Everyone , have a nice day what will be the command to be given in certain directory which removes all those files present in that very directory which were last modified one month ago ? Regards and Waiting (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dastard
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing files

Hello all, I'd like to remove files which is returned by the following statement ls -l arch*.dbf|grep "`date|cut -c5-10`" (cut -c5-10 =Mar 20) To achive this,I tried the following statments but none worked .. rm < `ls -l arch*.dbf|grep "`date|cut -c5-10`"` rm `ls -l arch*.dbf|grep... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing old files except configuration files and folders

Dear all, I want to remove files older than 2 months in the /home/member directory. But except the configuration files (like .bash_profile .config/ .openoffice/ .local/ .kde/ etc..) I have tried with the command find . -mtime +60 -wholename './.*' -prune -o -print -exec mv {} \; but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamcalicut
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

how to remove inner files without removing child folders

Hi, I want to write a command to remove all the files from a folder and inner child folder without removing the child folders of parent folder. like I have folder like this... folder a/b/c file a/test.sql file a/b/test2.txt file a/b/c/temp.jpeg now I want to remove all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove inner files without removing child folders

Hi, I want to write a command to remove all the files from a folder and inner child folder without removing the child folders of parent folder. like I have folder like this... Code: folder a/b/c file a/test.sql file a/b/test2.txt file a/b/c/temp.jpeg now I want to remove... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with removing files

i have a directory that have files that contains word "spam", how can i remove all those files which have word spam. This code help me in searching find ./ -type f -exec grep -l "spam" {} \; How i will add removing option with it. If some one have good suggestion regarding searching... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

8. Solaris

remove a user without removing its home dir

HI all, I have wrongly given a wrong home directory to a user. This dir is very critical for my production environment(Can;t afford to lose it for a single minute) Now i want to delete that user, Whenever i try to delete user it tries to delete its home dir. Commnd i use: userdel ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunksharma87
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in Removing the Old files

Hi Gurus, we are planning to clear the old log files based on the year and i need help on this and i searched in google and i came up with the scripts but i am stuck with this. (1) wroks fine How many files exist in based on the extension find -type f | sed -e 's/.*\.//' | sort | uniq... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SeenuGuddu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and removing the old files and zipping the files using shell script

Hi, I am trying to removing the old files which were older than 10 days and same g zipping the files using the shell script. script was return as follows. find /jboss7_homes/JBOSS7/SKYLIV??/SKYLIV??_CRM/jboss-eap-7.0/standalone/log -mtime +10 -type f | xargs rm -f find /cer_skyliv??/log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
6 Replies
MKDIR(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  MKDIR(1)

NAME
mkdir -- make directories SYNOPSIS
mkdir [-pv] [-m mode] directory_name ... DESCRIPTION
The mkdir utility creates the directories named as operands, in the order specified, using mode rwxrwxrwx (0777) as modified by the current umask(2). The options are as follows: -m mode Set the file permission bits of the final created directory to the specified mode. The mode argument can be in any of the formats specified to the chmod(1) command. If a symbolic mode is specified, the operation characters ``+'' and ``-'' are interpreted rela- tive to an initial mode of ``a=rwx''. -p Create intermediate directories as required. If this option is not specified, the full path prefix of each operand must already exist. On the other hand, with this option specified, no error will be reported if a directory given as an operand already exists. Intermediate directories are created with permission bits of rwxrwxrwx (0777) as modified by the current umask, plus write and search permission for the owner. -v Be verbose when creating directories, listing them as they are created. The user must have write permission in the parent directory. DIAGNOSTICS
The mkdir utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
rmdir(1) COMPATIBILITY
The -v option is non-standard and its use in scripts is not recommended. STANDARDS
The mkdir utility is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. HISTORY
A mkdir command appeared in Version 1 AT&T UNIX. BSD
January 25, 1994 BSD