Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace second occurrence only Post 302153792 by rikxik on Wednesday 26th of December 2007 10:00:01 PM
Old 12-26-2007
I think I was not clear. I meant, for "cat mouse mouse", the second "mouse" on this line also counts as a second ocurrance. So shouldn't that change to "cat mouse mouse2"?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and replace to first occurrence of string

Hi all, I have a very large; delimited file. In vi I would like to replace: CSACT_DY;AVG_UEACT1;uesPerActiveLinkSetSize_1;#;A CSACT_DY;AVG_UEACT2;uesPerActiveLinkSetSize_2;#;A CSACT_DY;AVG_UEACT3;uesPerActiveLinkSetSize_3;#;A with: CSACT_DY;AVG_UEACT1;Average... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilmord
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED replace string by occurrence

hi all, I have a text file with following content PAGENUMBER asasasa asasasa PAGENUMBER sasasasasa PAGENUMBER using sed i want to replace PAGENUMBER by occurrence count eg 1 asasasa asasasa 2 sasasasasa 3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uttamhoode
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to replace exact match, not first occurrence.

Lets say I have file.txt: (Product:Price:QuantityAvailable) (: as delimiter) Chocolate:5:5 Banana:33:3 I am doing a edit/update function. I want to change the Quantity Available, so I tried using the SED command to replace 5, but my Price which is also 5 is changed instead. (for the Banana... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: andylbh
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace x Number of String Occurrence with Sed

Ok, So I have a huge file that has over 12000 lines in it. in this file, there are 589 occurrences of the string "use five-minute-interval" spread in various areas in the file. How can i replace the the last 250 of the occurrences of "use five-minute-interval" with "use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed diffrent replace by occurrence

I couldn't find the answer anywhere, so I hope you could help me. I need to change something like the following: something/bla/aaaa anything/bbb to: something --bla ----aaaa anything --bbb How do I do this? Is it possible with sed? I tried various patterns, but don't know how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Patwan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace duplicate columns with values from first occurrence

I've a text file with below values viz. multiple rows with same values in column 3, 4 and 5, which need to be considered as duplicates. For all such cases, the rows from second occurrence onwards should be modified in a way that their values in first two columns are replaced with values as in first... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace particular occurrence of character in between a delimiter?

Hi, Hi, I have a file with following format 1|" "text " around " |" fire "guest"|" " 2| "xyz"" | "no guest"|"3" 3| """ test3""| "one" guest"|"4" My requirement is to replace all occurrences of " to ' which are occurring between |" "|delimiter so my output should look like this 1|"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: H_bansal
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Replace first occurrence after match

hey guys, i have been trying to work this thing out with sed with no luck :confused: i m looking for a way to replace only the first occurrence after a match for example : Cat Realized what you gotta do Dog Realized what you gotta do Sheep Realized what you gotta do Wolf Realized... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: boaz733
6 Replies

9. AIX

Replace consecutive occurrence of string in same line

Hi All, I have a requirement to replace consecutive occurence of same string nedd to be replaced. Below is the input and desired output. Input: --------- 123.5|ABC|.|.|. 234.4|DEF|.|.|.|.|.| Output: --------- 123.5|ABC|||. 234.4|DEF||||| so basically "|.|" need to be replaced with... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ureddy
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace first occurrence of a string in while loop

####Solved#### Hello, My aim is to replace searched string with incremented value under ubuntu 16.04. Example: aasasasas 9030 31wwo weopwoep weerasas 9030 ew31wo ieopwoep bbqqqsas 9030 ew3swo ieeopwoep ccsaqpas 9030 ewiro o2opwoep Expected: aasasasas 9030 31wwo weopwoep weerasas 9031... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies
gnome-mouse-properties(1)					   User Commands					 gnome-mouse-properties(1)

NAME
gnome-mouse-properties - configure GNOME mouse preferences SYNOPSIS
gnome-mouse-properties [--get-legacy] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The GNOME mouse preference tool enables you to configure your mouse for right-hand or left-hand use. It is also used to specify the speed and sensitivity of mouse movement and mouse button press events. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --get-legacy Retrieve and store legacy settings gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the gnome-mouse-properties tool example% gnome-mouse-properties EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-mouse-properties Executable for gnome-mouse-properties ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-prefs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-control-center(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 09 Nov 2007 gnome-mouse-properties(1)