Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stopping a shell script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Stopping a shell script Post 302153774 by frank_rizzo on Wednesday 26th of December 2007 05:55:53 PM
Old 12-26-2007
use exit to stop the execution of a script

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Stopping a print request

Im running a solaris 9 system and keep getting this message: Request to LXKF894CB (unknown printer) from zion. This happen because there was a mis configured printer and a job was submitted to it. I fix the printer issue but this message keeps repeating and the PID keeps going up. How can i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyersp
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

stopping a script

i want to stop a script from running after one minute, using the sleep command, and then kill the process. anyhelp with this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AtomJ22
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stopping a processor

hi, Can any plz tell what is the command for stopping a processor? suppose a system is accessing 10 processors and we want to stop the 3rd & 6th processor then whats the command in Unix? thank u (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nm_virtual
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stopping a command in between

Hi Is it possible to stop a command executing after certain time? I have this command say prstat which keeps on giving the values etc of the processes after every 1 sec(refreshes the screen) What I want is just stop the execution after first screen Since I have written this command in shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprg
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stopping A process

Hi I want to stop a process using a shell script. how do i do that? ie, to simulate ps -ef|grep Process name get the process id and kill -9 process id plz help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopsman
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

stopping running process

hi all, I am using red hat AS 4 linux enterprise,i need to run my application such that while its running no other process shuld run all the remaining process should be suspended ,i need to use whole of the process only for that application to run ,can anyone suggest me how to do this. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srilakshmi
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

stopping you have mail.....

Hi, on server Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3, I am getting the mail "you have mail" can any body suggest how to stop this? mail are getting generated in below path. /var/spool/postfix/maildrop, due to which heavy file are getting generated. though sendmail service is stopped. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stopping cron job

Hi, I have scheduled one job in crontab. I want to stop the job automatically after some time of its execution without killing it. Could i archive the above? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehulleo
8 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Stopping Windows 10 Clients?

As I know you are all aware Windows 10 poses some serious security concerns. My question is three fold. 1. Is there a way to stop Windows 10 clients from accessing a web server? 2. What would be the MS counter punch to that? ie: how would they circumvent. (mask browser credentials?) 3. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScottyPC
4 Replies
REGISTER_SHUTDOWN_FUNCTION(3)						 1					     REGISTER_SHUTDOWN_FUNCTION(3)

register_shutdown_function - Register a function for execution on shutdown

SYNOPSIS
void register_shutdown_function (callable $callback, [mixed $parameter], [mixed $...]) DESCRIPTION
Registers a $callback to be executed after script execution finishes or exit(3) is called. Multiple calls to register_shutdown_function(3) can be made, and each will be called in the same order as they were registered. If you call exit(3) within one registered shutdown function, processing will stop completely and no other registered shutdown functions will be called. PARAMETERS
o $callback - The shutdown callback to register. The shutdown callbacks are executed as the part of the request, so it's possible to send output from them and access output buffers. o $parameter - It is possible to pass parameters to the shutdown function by passing additional parameters. o $... - RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS If the passed callback is not callable a E_WARNING level error will be generated. EXAMPLES
Example #1 register_shutdown_function(3) example <?php function shutdown() { // This is our shutdown function, in // here we can do any last operations // before the script is complete. echo 'Script executed with success', PHP_EOL; } register_shutdown_function('shutdown'); ?> NOTES
Note Working directory of the script can change inside the shutdown function under some web servers, e.g. Apache. Note Shutdown functions will not be executed if the process is killed with a SIGTERM or SIGKILL signal. While you cannot intercept a SIGKILL, you can use pcntl_signal(3) to install a handler for a SIGTERM which uses exit(3) to end cleanly. SEE ALSO
auto_append_file, exit(3), The section on connection handling. PHP Documentation Group REGISTER_SHUTDOWN_FUNCTION(3)