Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query in unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Query in unix Post 302153704 by ranj@chn on Wednesday 26th of December 2007 07:49:11 AM
Old 12-26-2007
awk one

Code:
awk 'FNR==NR {a[NR]=$0} FNR!=NR {if(a[FNR]!=$0) print a[FNR]}' file2 file1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Date query

Hi there, I am trying to do the following in Unix (Solaris 2.7): 1...Find the actual date 7 days ago in format (dd-mmm-yyyy) and with the weekday prefably, 2...Find the date 5 days after the above in the same format. How can I do this in Unix instead of accessing our Oracle database and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csong2
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query in Unix

hello folks i was executing few shell scripts using another login id , those were working fine ,these shell scripts basically call oracle stored procs now when i copied those shell scripts files to another user location n logged into that user's unix id , it is showing errors ...:( the oracle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dana Evans
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

General UNIX Query

Hi all, I am having putty in my system.But I dont have access to any UNIX Servers.Is there any default or common UNIX Server so that anyone can access and be familiar with UNIX and Shell scripting. I want to work and practice in UNIX..Thats why I am asking this question. Kindly give me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave_nithis
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue with the query output in unix

I am running a query with contains blank spaces in between in the output. But when I open and read the file in UNIX i am not able to cursor the balnk spaces instead it is moving like tabs. Please help suppose my query - Select ' '||text from tab1; the cursor should move to 1st and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbmk_design
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isql query in unix shell

Hi i want write a script for list of sysbase are having access or open. then i wrote like: USER="abc" PASS="xyz" SERVER="SCCS" DB="blue" WORK_DIR="/usr/home/ramakrishna" set -x isql -U${USER} -P${PASS} -S${SERVER}<<EOF>$WORK_DIR/output.log go use blue (database name) go use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS query in Unix script

Hi, I am using sqlplus query to get results in a csv format in unix. I am using ksh, and below is the query. echo "select r.num|| ',' || p.path ||',"' || r.issue_description ||'",' ||p.timestamp from events r, messagepath p;">> $QUERY_FILE sqlplus -s $LOGIN @ $QUERY_FILE>>$OUTFILE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nutan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forming a query in unix level

Hi, I will execute a query in sqlplus and redirect to a file. The file will contains the date value such as 2011-04-12 02:00:00. i want to make the content of the file such as, select * from table where col1>to_date('2011-04-12 02:00:00','yyyy-mm-dd HH24:MI:SS'). Apar from the bold... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

query error in unix

Hi all , am using unix aix and Am getting the syntax error on 'UNION'.. can anybody tell me the solutions.. INSERT INTO table1 ( Type , num_items , num_letters , total_value ) (select type='1', num_items, num_letters=count(*), total_value=sum(letter_value) from table2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Query About wc -l output

I was performing the wc -l operation in one data file the result is less when i was giving -nu on the view of the file. while giving wc -l the count is 5023 after setting line numbers in view of file is giving 5024. Can anyone help on this.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhii
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a SQL Query from UNIX

Hi, Could you please help me on this. I have bulk of queries written in text file. I want to use those queries and want to execute from UNIX. I don't want to run this file as a sql file as this file will change every week. I want to run it in my environment as bulk sql statement from text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhii
1 Replies
comm(1) 							   User Commands							   comm(1)

NAME
comm - select or reject lines common to two files SYNOPSIS
comm [-123] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
The comm utility reads file1 and file2, which must be ordered in the current collating sequence, and produces three text columns as output: lines only in file1; lines only in file2; and lines in both files. If the input files were ordered according to the collating sequence of the current locale, the lines written will be in the collating sequence of the original lines. If not, the results are unspecified. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -1 Suppresses the output column of lines unique to file1. -2 Suppresses the output column of lines unique to file2. -3 Suppresses the output column of lines duplicated in file1 and file2. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: file1 A path name of the first file to be compared. If file1 is -, the standard input is used. file2 A path name of the second file to be compared. If file2 is -, the standard input is used. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of comm when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2^31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1 Printing a list of utilities specified by files If file1, file2, and file3 each contain a sorted list of utilities, the command example% comm -23 file1 file2 | comm -23 - file3 prints a list of utilities in file1 not specified by either of the other files. The entry: example% comm -12 file1 file2 | comm -12 - file3 prints a list of utilities specified by all three files. And the entry: example% comm -12 file2 file3 | comm -23 -file1 prints a list of utilities specified by both file2 and file3, but not specified in file1. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of comm: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_COLLATE, LC_CTYPE, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 All input files were successfully output as specified. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), sort(1), uniq(1), attributes(5), environ(5), largefile(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 3 Mar 2004 comm(1)