Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Logs Analysis Software ?
Operating Systems Solaris Logs Analysis Software ? Post 302153697 by adel8483 on Wednesday 26th of December 2007 06:47:43 AM
Old 12-26-2007
Logs Analysis Software ?

Hi,

What is the best log analysis software for Solaris ??

Regards

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Catalina Analysis

How can I make analysis for catalina.out (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Burhan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep yesterday logs from weblogic logs

Hi, I am trying to write a script which would go search and get the info from the logs based on yesterday timestamp and write yesterday logs in new file. The log file format is as follows: """"""""""""""""""""""""""... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish.parker
3 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

help needed- data analysis-table-chart-2d plot software

Hi all, I posted the same message under 'Kaleidagraph like software for Ubuntu' thread. I guess there may not be many people familiar with Kaleidagraph. So I post my message under another subject name. I need a tool for Ubuntu 8.10, -which is quick and easy to learn and use (as I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apprentice
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Software to monitor the logs dynamically

Hi Folks, I have to monitor the logs for exceptions and the logs will be dynamic and will keep updating now one way is to use the command on putty that is tail -f but could you please advise any software in which I can dynamically monitor the logs and if an exception come it highlights thos... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
4 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nmon Analysis

Dear All, I am an performance tester. Now i am working in project where we are using linux 2.6.32. Now I got an oppurtunity to learn the monitoring the server. As part of this task i need to do analysis of the Nmon report. I was completely blank in this. So please suggest me how to start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamsengu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache2 logs analysis

hi there, need some improvement on this. thanks. Purpose is to : Generally identify illegal accesses in the Apache2 logs, like, System commands, SHELL hacks, malwares, bots, and other hacking attempts. Most of these have a common background of gaining access to the weak parts of the www... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate.

Appreciate help for the below issue. Im using below code.....I dont want to attach the logs when I ran the perl twice...I just want to take backup with today date and generate new logs...What I need to do for the below scirpt.............. 1)if logs exist it should move the logs with extention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)