Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a help in the Shell script which is erroring out Post 302153555 by ranga27 on Tuesday 25th of December 2007 08:42:04 AM
Old 12-25-2007
any help ?? in this one

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY variable erroring when installing Oracle 10g.

Hi, I'm trying to install Oracle 10g in Solaris 10. As required in the instructions, I set the DISPLAY variable: $ DISPLAY=192.168.150.128:0.0 ; export DISPLAY when run the runInstaller in a terminal, it displays an error related to DISPLAY variable. :( Any ideas?? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ffpradella
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 script 8 boxes and it is erroring on 3 of them

am trying to place a script from one hp11-unix box (where it works) onto three others where it won't. I am using csh and in the script I use the lines set F_SYSTEMS=(/dbs01 /dbs02 /dbm01 /dbm02 /ora_home/app/oracle) on this one the three others throw up on pulling the files. there should be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cat55
2 Replies

3. AIX

mtime command erroring

I am calling this paramters from a controlfile CONTROLFILE="/u01/scripts/admin/filesystem.ctl" SEARCH_PATH="`grep SEARCH_PATH $CONTROLFILE | awk -F: '{print $2}' `" FILE_TYPE="`grep FILE_TYPE $CONTROLFILE | awk -F: '{print $2}' `" DEL_RETENTION_SIZE="`grep DEL_RETENTION_SIZE $CONTROLFILE |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ssh execute other shell script on other host (shell script include nohup)?

i want use ssh on the host01 to execute autoexec.sh on the host02 like following : host01> ssh host02 autoexec.sh autoexec.sh include nohup command like follwing : nohup /home/jack/deletedata.sh & after i execute ssh host02 autoexec.sh one the host01. i can't found deletedata.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orablue
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Correct shell script to Call One shell script from another shell script

Hi All, I have new for shell scripting. Problem : I have one scrip at serv1 and path of server is /apps/dev/provimage/scripts and script name:extract_ancillary.bat. I need to call this script at server2(my working server) and execute at server2 . Please let me know how to build the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vineeta Nigam
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass shell script variable to awk command in same shell script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem - erroring out - unexpected token

can anyone help identify where the issue is here? awk 'BEGIN { c="perl -e 'print scalar(localtime("'${EPOCHTIME}'")), "\n"'"; c|getline; close( c ); print $2" "$3" "$4" "$6; }' bash: syntax error near unexpected token `(' can't seem to figure it out. i tried this: awk 'BEGIN {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write Config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script newbie- how to generate service log from shell script

Hi, I am totally a newbie to any programming languages and I just started an entry level job in an IT company. One of my recent tasks is to create a script that is able to show the log file of linux service (i.e. ntpd service) lets say, if I run my script ./test.sh, the output should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaogeji
3 Replies
profile(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							profile(4)

NAME
profile - set up user's environment at login time DESCRIPTION
If the file exists, it is executed by the shell for every user who logs in. The file should be set up to do only those things that are desirable for every user on the system, or to set reasonable defaults. If a user's login (home) directory contains a file named that file is executed (via the shell's before the session begins. files are useful for setting various environment parameters, setting terminal modes, or overriding some or all of the results of executing EXAMPLES
The following example is typical (except for the comments): # Make some environment variables global export MAIL PATH TERM # Set file creation mask umask 22 # Tell me when new mail comes in MAIL=/var/mail/myname # Add my /bin directory to the shell search sequence PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin # Set terminal type echo "terminal: c" read TERM case $TERM in 300) stty cr2 nl0 tabs; tabs;; 300s) stty cr2 nl0 tabs; tabs;; 450) stty cr2 nl0 tabs; tabs;; hp) stty cr0 nl0 tabs; tabs;; 745|735) stty cr1 nl] -tabs; TERM=745;; 43) stty cr1 nl0 -tabs;; *) echo "$TERM unknown";; esac A more complete model can be found in FILES
SEE ALSO
env(1), login(1), mail(1), sh(1), stty(1), su(1), environ(5), term(5). profile(4)