Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: csh problem with while
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting csh problem with while Post 302153469 by amaj1407 on Monday 24th of December 2007 04:17:47 PM
Old 12-24-2007
csh problem with while

Hello this my first post, so i hope you help me

Code:

echo -n "Choose which square you want to hit of PL2 grid "
	set pl2_square = $<
	set i = 1
	while ($i <= 6)
		if ($pl2_square == $pl2_ships[$i]) then
			$pl2_ships[$i] = x
			echo ""
			echo ""
			echo "PL1 has hitted a square of PL2"
			echo "PL2 ships are $pl2_ships"
			echo ""
			echo ""
		else
			echo ""
			echo ""
			echo "PL1 has hitted NO square of PL2"
			echo ""
			echo ""
		endif
		@ i ++
	end

I want this code to iterate on the elements of pl2_ships but it seems to iterate only on the first element not the remaining five. I want to know what is my mistake.

OUT OF BOUNDS QUESTION: Who is this forum belong to?
because in one of the posts I saw my doctor name "dr.sallay"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron job problem with csh script

I've written a csh shell script to number each line of a file. Firstly, the program count the number of the file and create a file with number at the front. Then, combine the file together. when i call the program manually, it works.However, when i set it in the cronjob, the output always leaves... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fung_donald
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem accessing csh ?? (Newbie)

Hi All, Just recently started using a program in Unix for a client. I was sent a script to use but for some reason it's not working. The person who created the script first suggested I may need to edit the first line of the script so that it has the correct path for the csh file: #!/bin/csh -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmalt
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with csh script

Hi All, I have the following script. #!/bin/csh # # createDATfile.sh # cd /export/home/fastserv/bin source /export/home/fastserv/bin/dbenv.sh echo `date` >> /export/home/fastserv/bin/log.txt echo "%INF% Starting send of current FASTSERVICE batch" >>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

${name${i}} problem in CSH

Hello all, I tried the following commands in the cshell, but failed. ~Cshell %set i=2 ~Cshell %set fields${i}= ( ad dd dd ) ~Cshell %echo $fields${i} fields: Undefined variable. ~Cshell %echo ${fields${i}} Missing }. And i can see the $fields2 is already set as a local variable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpltp
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with endsw in csh

I am getting an error and can't figure out the problem breaksw: endsw not found. Problem has been solved now (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with csh script

Hi All, I have a small issue with my csh script which I am using to FTP a file. What I know is...there are two commands to execute script.. 'sh <file>' & '\<file>'. When I execute my script with command 'sh <file>', it gives me syntax error while it runs successfully with command '\<file>'. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndd
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSH missing - problem

Hi all, i need help with this code set login = (`cut -d ":" -f1 /etc/passwd.2001`) set group = (`cut -d ":" -f4 /etc/passwd.2001`) set name = (`cut -d ":" -f5 /etc/passwd.2001 | cut -d ":" -f1`) set i = 1 while ($#login > 0) set pom = `last $login | wc -l` if ($pom < 3) then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Casualty
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with simple csh scripting

I found my answer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjung9442
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csh variable calling problem

First post on here. So I use csh shells for my research (physics... not a CS person). I am trying to rerun the same scripts, but there are ~10 files that have similar variables that I have to change for each different configuration, so I would like one central file for the variables I change that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabrepride
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk execution problem in csh

This has no error awk '($8==150) && ($4>=11.001 && $4 <= 12) && ($5>=91.001 && $5<=92){print}' OFS="\t" file following are unable to run in csh this is giving error awk: line 1: syntax error at or near not even working in terminal awk '($'$gr'=='$grn') && ($'$ll'>='$Y' && $'$ll' <= '$Ym')... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
1 Replies
GLMAPGRID(3G)															     GLMAPGRID(3G)

NAME
glMapGrid1d, glMapGrid1f, glMapGrid2d, glMapGrid2f - define a one- or two-dimensional mesh C SPECIFICATION
void glMapGrid1d( GLint un, GLdouble u1, GLdouble u2 ) void glMapGrid1f( GLint un, GLfloat u1, GLfloat u2 ) void glMapGrid2d( GLint un, GLdouble u1, GLdouble u2, GLint vn, GLdouble v1, GLdouble v2 ) void glMapGrid2f( GLint un, GLfloat u1, GLfloat u2, GLint vn, GLfloat v1, GLfloat v2 ) PARAMETERS
un Specifies the number of partitions in the grid range interval [u1, u2]. Must be positive. u1, u2 Specify the mappings for integer grid domain values i=0 and i=un. vn Specifies the number of partitions in the grid range interval [v1, v2] (glMapGrid2 only). v1, v2 Specify the mappings for integer grid domain values j=0 and j=vn (glMapGrid2 only). DESCRIPTION
glMapGrid and glEvalMesh are used together to efficiently generate and evaluate a series of evenly-spaced map domain values. glEvalMesh steps through the integer domain of a one- or two-dimensional grid, whose range is the domain of the evaluation maps specified by glMap1 and glMap2. glMapGrid1 and glMapGrid2 specify the linear grid mappings between the i (or i and j) integer grid coordinates, to the u (or u and v) floating-point evaluation map coordinates. See glMap1 and glMap2 for details of how u and v coordinates are evaluated. glMapGrid1 specifies a single linear mapping such that integer grid coordinate 0 maps exactly to u1, and integer grid coordinate un maps exactly to u2. All other integer grid coordinates i are mapped so that u=i(u2-u1)/un+u1 glMapGrid2 specifies two such linear mappings. One maps integer grid coordinate i=0 exactly to u1, and integer grid coordinate i=un exactly to u2. The other maps integer grid coordinate j=0 exactly to v1, and integer grid coordinate j=vn exactly to v2. Other integer grid coordinates i and j are mapped such that u=i(u2-u1)/un+u1 v=j(v2-v1)/vn+v1 The mappings specified by glMapGrid are used identically by glEvalMesh and glEvalPoint. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if either un or vn is not positive. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glMapGrid is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_MAP1_GRID_DOMAIN glGet with argument GL_MAP2_GRID_DOMAIN glGet with argument GL_MAP1_GRID_SEGMENTS glGet with argument GL_MAP2_GRID_SEGMENTS SEE ALSO
glEvalCoord(3G), glEvalMesh(3G), glEvalPoint(3G), glMap1(3G), glMap2(3G) GLMAPGRID(3G)