Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find who has permission to delete Post 302153278 by arunkumar_mca on Monday 24th of December 2007 08:38:22 AM
Old 12-24-2007
Also i facing the below problem as well.

In my directory i am having many files and subdirectories. my directory is like below
drwxrwxr-x 5 root canusr 8192 Dec 5 12:50 tran

others dont have write permision

in side my directory the files i am having are
$cd tran
drwxr-xr-x 2 v1ftp cnur 8192 May 1 2007 v1ftp
drwxrwxrwx 3 v1ftp cnur 24576 Dec 24 06:00 v1
drwxrwxrwx 2 ham cnur 8192 Nov 6 09:28 itm
-rwxrwxrwx 1 scott cnur 1006258 Sep 19 15:33 7041012_cpy
-rwxrwxrwx 1 scott cnur 72928579 May 1 2007 uswst.gz

My question is :

When i use find and delete to delete the files that are 30 days old why the files 7041012_cpy and uswst.gz are not getting deleted .

Also the same find and delete command is deleting the file that 30 days old inside the dir v1

My Assumptions

Is that my directory is not having write permision the files in the dir is not getting deleted.

if so the how come the same command working and deleting the file inside the sub_directory.

Thanks,
Arun

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to delete file for permission problem

Hi, We are facing problem to delete some logfiles. Explaing with example for clear understanding : we have 2 accounts : prdpqrs (application account) & prodxyz (admin account - not root). Both of them are in same group called 'release' While prodxyz is trying to remove a file owned by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabyasm
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find File with permission below 664

Hi Using find i want to find files with permission below 664. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
6 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

shouldnt we also have the permission to delete our threads

i think we should also have the permissions to delete our own thread (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
3 Replies

4. Fedora

Find Files in Directory by Permission?

Hello. I need to write a script that lets the user pick a directory. Then, all files are looped through, and the ones with read-write (for current user I think) are listed. Ending with a count of those files, but that parts easy. What I'm confused about is the middle. So far I have ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Feuyaer
15 Replies

5. Solaris

Delete Permission on Directory

Hi, I have a directory /u01/source. Following are current permission on directory source. oracle@TEST # ls -l source drwxrwxrwx 2 user1 userbi 31232 Apr 8 13:33 EG1 drwxrwxrwx 2 user1 userbi 1024 Apr 8 05:45 E2 drwxrwxrwx 2 user1 userbi 57344 Mar 15 10:22 h5 There is another ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
4 Replies

6. SuSE

Cannot delete no permission file

I am trying to delete a folder, but unable to do so. tried my level best to delete. Here I am giving all the steps I have tried out - 1. Output of ls -la ls: cannot access -loop0: Permission denied ls: cannot access -e0.7: Permission denied total 324 d????????? ? ? ? ? ? -e0.7 d????????? ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudip.majumder
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find - prints Permission denied

Hi, I'm trying to search for files with a particular pattern using the below command. find . -name file_1.txt -print It gives Permission denied error on several files, using standard error, how do we ignore this error and print only the valid matches. find:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find out who changed the file permission in unix

Can any one tell me is there any command to find out who changed the permission of a file Or is there any log file so that i can find out who has changed the permission of a file? Thanks in Advance:) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uttamnsd
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is rsync --delete on some files without write permission possible?

Hello all, I have a problem with rsync command. From a backup server, I use a command like the one below: rsync -av --delete user@host:/home/user/ /home/backup_user/daily_rotating_backup/ In some folders of the user there are some files on which he has removed his write permission on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with using find for other permission

Hi, I am using the following find command to search for file permissions that I have to correct find . -perm 777 -type f -print find . -perm 777 -type d -print I then do a chmod o-w,o-r,o-x to make them not not 777. I am also needing to search for where the others has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies
SVN-CLEAN(1)							   User Commands						      SVN-CLEAN(1)

NAME
svn-clean - Wipes out unversioned files from Subversion working copy SYNOPSIS
svn-clean [options] [directory or file ...] DESCRIPTION
svn-clean will scan the given files and directories recursively and find unversioned files and directories (files and directories that are not present in the Subversion repository). After the scan is done, these files and directories will be deleted. Files which match patterns in the svn-clean:ignore dir property will be spared, much as the svn:ignore property works for svn status. If no file or directory is given, svn-clean defaults to the current directory ("."). svn-clean uses the SVN Perl modules if they are available. This is much faster than parsing the output of the svn command-line client. OPTIONS
-e, --exclude A regular expression for filenames to be exluded. For example, the following command will skip files ending in ".zip": svn-clean --exclude '.zip$' Multiple exclude patterns can be specified. If at least one matches, then the file is skipped. For example, the following command will skip files ending in ".jpg" or ".png": svn-clean --exclude '.jpg$' --exclude '.png$' The following command will skip the entire "build" subdirectory: svn-clean --exclude '^build(/|$)' -f, --force Files to which you do not have delete access (if running under VMS) or write access (if running under another OS) will not be deleted unless you use this option. -N, --non-recursive Do not search recursively for unversioned files and directories. Unversioned directories will still be deleted along with all their contents. -q, --quiet Do not print progress info. In particular, do not print a message each time a file is examined, giving the name of the file, and indicating whether "rmdir" or "unlink" is used to remove it, or that it's skipped. -p, --print Do not delete anything. Instead, print the name of every file and directory that would have been deleted. -?, -h, --help Prints a brief help message and exits. --man Prints the manual page and exits. AUTHOR
Simon Perreault <nomis80@nomis80.org> 2014-03-12 SVN-CLEAN(1)