Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to search and replace in multiple files in directory hierarchy Post 302153123 by shamrock on Sunday 23rd of December 2007 04:14:49 PM
Old 12-23-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by umen
Hello all
I need to search and replace in multiple files that are in directory hierarchy
Im using the :
f
PHP Code:
ind . -name "*.dsp" -print | xargs grep --o Test.lib" , I like to be able to 
replace every instance of Test.lib
with empty space .
how can I write one liner that does this ?
Code:
find . -name "*.dsp" | xargs -i sed 's/Test.lib//g' {}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to do search and replace on text files in directory

I was google searching and found Perl as a command line utility tool This almost solves my problem: find . | xargs perl -p -i.old -e 's/oldstring/newstring/g' I think this would create a new file for every file in my directory tree. Most of my files will not contain oldstring and I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Search/Replace Multiple Files Script Needed

I have a rather complicated search and replace I need to do among several dozen files and over a hundred occurrences. My site is written in PHP and throughout the old code, you will find things like die("Operation Aborted due to....."); For my new design skins for the site, I need to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UCCCC
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

Hi, I have a folder which contains multiple config.xml files and one input file, Please see the below format. Config Files format looks like :- Code: <application name="SAMPLE-ARCHIVE"> <NVPairs name="Global Variables"> <NameValuePair> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global search and replace across multiple files

Hi all I'm in need of a command which can replace a specified string with another string - across multiple files within multiple sub-directories (I intend to run it from / ) I've used the following to get a list of the files: find . | xargs grep <string1> But that's as far as I've got.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: huskie69
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String search and replace in multiple files.

Hello. I have five config files in /etc that I want to edit in one click for testing. I would like to make a script like this : #!/bin/bash # a_file="/etc/file_1" src_str="src_string_1" rpl_str="rpl_string_1" calling_sed_or_awk_or_whatelse $a_file search_for_all $src_str replace_with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace directory paths in multiple files at once

I need to update about 2400 files in a directory subtree, with a new directory path inside the files I need to change this occurence in all files: /d2/R12AB/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2 with this: /u01/PROD/apps/apps_st/10.1.3 I know how to change single words using "find . -type f -print0 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wicus
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: search replace in multiple files

When I use special characters the command to replace multiple files with a string pattern does nt work. ---------- Post updated at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:38 AM ---------- This works perl -pi -e 's/100/test/g' * This does nt work perl -pi -e 's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: w020637
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace: Multiple Strings / Multiple Files

I have a list of files all over a file system e.g. /home/1/foo/bar.x /www/sites/moose/foo.txtI'm looking for strings in these files and want to replace each occurrence with a replacement string, e.g. if I find: '#@!^\&@ in any of the files I want to replace it with: 655#@11, etc. There... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Replace in multiple files

Hello, I have hundreds of files in which I need to change email address. Here is what I am trying to do: 1. All text files are in a directory "a" 2. In the text file, I want to replace email address for preparer. All these lines start with {{PreparerEmail and end with }}. The email... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cartrider
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search/Replace in multiple files recursively

Hi there, I am using AIX and trying to search and replace a string with another string in multiple files in different directories. I wanted to search replace in steps so I don't change all of the instance anywhere in the server at once, minimizing impact. STEP 1: -------- I first searched... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaino22
5 Replies
Test::Inline::Content::Legacy(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Test::Inline::Content::Legacy(3pm)

NAME
Test::Inline::Content::Legacy - Test::Inline 2 Content Handler for legacy functions SYNOPSIS
Custom script content generation using Test::Inline 2.000+ with a custom generator functions my $header = "...."; my $function = sub { my $Object = shift; my $Script = shift; return $header . $Script->merged_content; }; my $Inline = Test::Inline->new( ... file_content => $function, ); Migrating this same code to Test::Inline 2.100+ ContentHandler objects my $header = "...."; my $function = sub { my $Object = shift; my $Script = shift; return $header . $Script->merged_content; }; my $ContentHandler = Test::Inline::Content::Legacy->new( $function ); my $Inline = Test::Inline->new( ... ContentHandler => $ContentHandler, ); DESCRIPTION
This class exists to provide a migration path for anyone using the custom script generators in Test::Inline via the "file_content" param. The synopsis above pretty much says all you need to know. METHODS
new $CODE_ref The "new" constructor for "Test::Inline::Content::Legacy" takes a single parameter of a "CODE" reference, as you would have previously provided directly to "file_content". Returns a new "Test::Inline::Content::Legacy" object, or "undef" if not passed a "CODE" reference. coderef The "coderef" accessor returns the "CODE" reference for the object process $Inline $Script The "process" method works with the legacy function by passing the Test::Inline and Test::Inline::Script arguments straight through to the legacy function, and returning it's result as the return value. SUPPORT
See the main SUPPORT section. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org>, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004 - 2010 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.12.4 2010-11-22 Test::Inline::Content::Legacy(3pm)