Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RS-232 C++ Programming
Top Forums Programming RS-232 C++ Programming Post 302152887 by Alpha_Harblo on Friday 21st of December 2007 09:31:43 PM
Old 12-21-2007
I am wanting to keep it fairly simple. I don't need any kind of GUI, at least at this point....you know, one step at a time.

At this point I'm still trying to figure out details how things in this subject work. I'm trying to figure out the "Hello World" stage, so to speak.

Is there some kind of reference that would be more helpful than man pages?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

XIO: fatal IO error 232 (Connection reset by peer) on X server "192.168.1.239:0.0"

Hi All... I'm newbie here..., i have problem when installing oracle9206, i use HPUX 11.11, i'm using Xmanager enterprise 2.1 for forwarding from server A to my laptop # export DISPLAY=192.168.1.239:0.0 # echo $DISPLAY output ==> 192.168.1.239:0.0 at the oracle directory, i execute ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: grimanda
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

3. AIX

Console Setup for RS-232 port on 9131-52A

Hi, I have tried to setup the console on a Power5 9131-52A type IBM Server. On the back there are 2 RS-232 ports labeled T1 T2. I am going under the assuming that these are the serial ports (Normally the serial ports are S1 S0). When I finish assigning the console under smit, I get no response... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
3 Replies

4. Programming

RS 232, CentOS 5.6, gcc 3.4.9

Hello! Can somebody help me with one problem. I write driver for I/o from COM port. That's the main code: #include <stdio.h> // standard input / output functions #include <string.h> // string function definitions #include <unistd.h> // UNIX standard function definitions #include <fcntl.h>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alter_man
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies
GENLIB_PHREF.3(October 1, 1997) 										   GENLIB_PHREF.3(October 1, 1997)

NAME
GENLIB_PHREF - place a physical reference in the current figure at absolute coordinates SYNOPSYS
#include <genlib.h> void GENLIB_PHREF(type, name, x, y) char *type, *name; long x, y; ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr PARAMETERS
type Type of the reference to be added name Name of the reference x, y Absolute coordinates of the reference DESCRIPTION
PHREF adds a reference in the current layout cell, at the specified coordinates. A reference is an object that allows to symbolicaly name a point for futur use by the designer. They have been mainly used in the past to program decoders, in order to obtain many cells from a unique cell. The type argument may take the two following legal values: ref_con for virtual connectors, see dpr(1) for details. ref_ref for any other need from the designer. ERRORS
"GENLIB_PHREF impossible : missing GENLIB_DEF_PHFIG" No figure has been yet specified by a call to DEF_PHFIG. So it isn't possible to place a reference inside it. you must call DEF_PHFIG before any other layout action. EXAMPLE
#include <genlib.h> main() { /* Create a figure to work on */ GENLIB_DEF_PHFIG("cell"); . /* Put a reference */ GENLIB_PHREF("ref_con", "in_a[0]", 102L, 10L); . . GENLIB_DEF_AB(0L, 0L, 0L, 0L); /* Save that on disk */ GENLIB_SAVE_PHFIG(); } SEE ALSO
genlib(1), GENLIB_DEF_PHFIG(3), GENLIB_SAVE_PHFIG(3), GENLIB_PLACE_CON_REF(3), GENLIB_PLACE_SEG_REF(3), GENLIB_PLACE_VIA_REF(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. PROCEDURAL GENERATION LANGUAGE
ASIM/LIP6 GENLIB_PHREF.3(October 1, 1997)