Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming interrupt a blocking lock(F_SETLKW) Post 302152727 by ktmchen on Friday 21st of December 2007 02:05:25 AM
Old 12-21-2007
interrupt a blocking lock(F_SETLKW)

Hi all,

I use F_SETLKW to lock a file or keep waiting. How can I interrupt the blocking lock after waiting for a period? I want to add an argument to let user set waiting time. Maybe I can use non-blocking lock(F_SETLK) and a loop to check it. But it may consume too many resources. Any idea?Smilie

p.s: C/C++, LINUX platform

Thanks,
Marco Chen

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to lock keyboard without using lock command

how can I lock my keyboard while I'm away from the computer without using lock command. What other commands gives me the option to lock keyboard device? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dianayun
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trapping Interrupt From 'ulimit'

I want to know the interrupt passed to a process through 'ulimit' I am running a process which gets killed when the 'ulimit -t' reaches. But after killing the process I want to start another process which would send a message or do some clean up or anything at all. To do the same I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrnuttynuts
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

timer interrupt

hello all since a process running in kernel mode cannnot be preempted by any other process what would be the status of Timer interrupt that occurs when the time quantum of a process is elapsed? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an interrupt in a script?

Is it possible to sent a ^C interrupt via the command line? For example if I want to tail a log for 10 minutes at a time, kill the tail and then start it again is there a way to go about that? I would imagine there would be some way to do it by finding and killing the PID, but I'm curious if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

hunting down for software interrupt causes

Hi, i have an rhel box with around 20 %soft every 2 seconds. The box is idle. How do i start hunting down what's causing this? i believe /proc/interrupts is hardware related, procinfo is basically the same. where else can i look? thanks, Marc (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Security Question: Lock after invalid login, Session Lock and Required Minimum Password Length

Hello all, If anyone has time, I have a few questions: How do I do the following in Linux. We are using Red Hat and Oracle Enterprise Linux, which is based on Red Hat too. 1. How to lock the account after a few (like 3) invalid password attempts? 2. How do you lock a screen after 30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nstarz
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source

I receive the following warning messages on a very new machine which has FreeBSD 8.1 x64 installed on it: Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source It is unclear what this means and what its origins are (motherboard? CPU? RAM?). I can start the desktop and the message is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Testing privileges -lock lockfile /var/lock/subsys/..- Permission denied

Hi all, I have to test some user priviliges. The goal is to be sure that an unauthorized user can't restart some modules (ssh, mysql etc...). I'm trying to automate it with a shell script but in same cases I got the syslog broadcast message. Is there any way to simply get a return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is there any shell command to show which interrupt handler handle which interrupt number?

Hi, all: Is there any shell command to show which interrupt handler handle which interrupt number in the system? li,kunlun (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
5 Replies

10. Programming

Which are blocking and non-blocking api's in sockets in C ?

among the below socket programming api's, please let me know which are blocking and non-blocking. socket accept bind listen write read close (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
2 Replies