Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting getting thousand of permissions Post 302152467 by Perderabo on Thursday 20th of December 2007 12:33:43 AM
Old 12-20-2007
Code:
#! /usr/local/bin/perl

open(DATA, "< test") || die "Unable to open file test\n";
while (<DATA>) {
        chomp;
        printf  "%s has permission %o \n", $_ , (stat($_))[2]& 0777;
}
close(DATA);
exit 0

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

65 thousand dollar question

I was just a-wondering through some hardware and software sites, and in one of them, I was scrolling down a UNIX os page when I noticed that the prices for these OS's were climbing alarmingly high; in the 5 to 10 G's. Imagine my surprise when I saw one particular UNIX os selling for 65 freakin'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mud
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing thousand of carriage returns using sed

I need to replace thousands of carriage returns/line breaks in a large xml file and with spaces. I hope to do so with a script, called, for example, "removeCRs." I would invoke this at the command line as ml5003$ sed -f /Users/ml5003/removeCRs oldFile > newFile The script, I presume, would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ml5003
4 Replies

3. Linux

Try thousand times could not resolve famous ORA-12514 error

It is related to Linux, Oracle 9.2.0. I am new to Oracle. I am trying to connect to Oracle database say A, but as I am running this command dbstart the error is “ORA-12514: TNS: listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor” I have successfully started lsnrctl. Here... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajneshilu
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate several thousand files in unix

Hello, I would like to concatenate several thousand files (~40,000) into 1. I cannot do it with cat *.extension - it gives me an error that there are too many arguments. Any suggestions? Thanks, Gussi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
6 Replies
DROP FOREIGN DATA 
WRAPPER(7) SQL Commands DROP FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER(7) NAME
DROP FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER - remove a foreign-data wrapper SYNOPSIS
DROP FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER [ IF EXISTS ] name [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER removes an existing foreign-data wrapper. To execute this command, the current user must be the owner of the for- eign-data wrapper. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the foreign-data wrapper does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name of an existing foreign-data wrapper. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the foreign-data wrapper (such as servers). RESTRICT Refuse to drop the foreign-data wrappers if any objects depend on it. This is the default. EXAMPLES
Drop the foreign-data wrapper dbi: DROP FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER dbi; COMPATIBILITY
DROP FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER conforms to ISO/IEC 9075-9 (SQL/MED). The IF EXISTS clause is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER [create_foreign_data_wrapper(7)], ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER [alter_foreign_data_wrapper(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER(7)