Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting getting thousand of permissions Post 302152467 by Perderabo on Thursday 20th of December 2007 12:33:43 AM
Old 12-20-2007
Code:
#! /usr/local/bin/perl

open(DATA, "< test") || die "Unable to open file test\n";
while (<DATA>) {
        chomp;
        printf  "%s has permission %o \n", $_ , (stat($_))[2]& 0777;
}
close(DATA);
exit 0

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

65 thousand dollar question

I was just a-wondering through some hardware and software sites, and in one of them, I was scrolling down a UNIX os page when I noticed that the prices for these OS's were climbing alarmingly high; in the 5 to 10 G's. Imagine my surprise when I saw one particular UNIX os selling for 65 freakin'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mud
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing thousand of carriage returns using sed

I need to replace thousands of carriage returns/line breaks in a large xml file and with spaces. I hope to do so with a script, called, for example, "removeCRs." I would invoke this at the command line as ml5003$ sed -f /Users/ml5003/removeCRs oldFile > newFile The script, I presume, would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ml5003
4 Replies

3. Linux

Try thousand times could not resolve famous ORA-12514 error

It is related to Linux, Oracle 9.2.0. I am new to Oracle. I am trying to connect to Oracle database say A, but as I am running this command dbstart the error is “ORA-12514: TNS: listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor” I have successfully started lsnrctl. Here... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajneshilu
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate several thousand files in unix

Hello, I would like to concatenate several thousand files (~40,000) into 1. I cannot do it with cat *.extension - it gives me an error that there are too many arguments. Any suggestions? Thanks, Gussi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
6 Replies
ZIPARCHIVE.OPEN(3)							 1							ZIPARCHIVE.OPEN(3)

ZipArchive::open - Open a ZIP file archive

SYNOPSIS
mixed ZipArchive::open (string $filename, [int $flags]) DESCRIPTION
Opens a new zip archive for reading, writing or modifying. PARAMETERS
o $filename - The file name of the ZIP archive to open. o $flags - The mode to use to open the archive. o ZipArchive::OVERWRITE o ZipArchive::CREATE o ZipArchive::EXCL o ZipArchive::CHECKCONS RETURN VALUES
o $Error codes - Returns TRUE on success or the error code. o ZipArchive::ER_EXISTS File already exists. o ZipArchive::ER_INCONS Zip archive inconsistent. o ZipArchive::ER_INVAL Invalid argument. o ZipArchive::ER_MEMORY Malloc failure. o ZipArchive::ER_NOENT No such file. o ZipArchive::ER_NOZIP Not a zip archive. o ZipArchive::ER_OPEN Can't open file. o ZipArchive::ER_READ Read error. o ZipArchive::ER_SEEK Seek error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Open and extract <?php $zip = new ZipArchive; $res = $zip->open('test.zip'); if ($res === TRUE) { echo 'ok'; $zip->extractTo('test'); $zip->close(); } else { echo 'failed, code:' . $res; } ?> Example #2 Create an archive <?php $zip = new ZipArchive; $res = $zip->open('test.zip', ZipArchive::CREATE); if ($res === TRUE) { $zip->addFromString('test.txt', 'file content goes here'); $zip->addFile('data.txt', 'entryname.txt'); $zip->close(); echo 'ok'; } else { echo 'failed'; } ?> PHP Documentation Group ZIPARCHIVE.OPEN(3)