Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unexpected Results
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unexpected Results Post 302152360 by SSims on Wednesday 19th of December 2007 04:55:41 PM
Old 12-19-2007
Please disregard, the double quotes around the awk command cause the issue. Thank you.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Iterating a hash through a foreach loop - unexpected results

i've reworked some code from an earlier post, and it isn't working as expected i've simplified it to try and find the problem. i spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong, eventually thinking there was a bug in perl or a problem with my computer. but, i've tried it on 3 machines with the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quantumechanix
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected Results (at least I did not expect them)

I have two sripts running in bash. The first one uncompresses log files and moves them to a working directory using uncompress -c and > output to new directory. It then creates one control record to assure our search returns a record. It then calls or executes the second script, which is a grep for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: altamaha
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected results when triggered from cron

Following script gives different results when triggered from Cron compared to when triggered from command line. It is not able to assign values to some variables when triggered from cron. Can any one help? Its a very simple script Script - #! /bin/ksh sFile=$1 sEnv=$2 sWaitFile=$3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumeet
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command gave unexpected results

Hi, I recently executed a find command that caused unexpected permission changes and we had to do a full system restore. Can someone please explain what this command would do? find /staging/admin/scr * -exec chmod 755 '{}' + It caused file permissions inside / to be modified strangely. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poornima
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected results with lists in GNU sed

I have been living with this problem with GNU sed v4.1.4 for a long time, but now I really need to figure it out. When using a list in either an address or a search, the expression is matching lower and upper-case letters. works as it should. For example, if I run sed -nr "// p"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nctrader
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Unexpected results, missing first search item

I created 3 files with the identical data as follows dial-peer voice 9999 pots trunkgroup CO list outgoing Local translation-profile outgoing LOCAL-7-DIGITS-NO-PREPEND-97 preference 2 shutdown destination-pattern 9......$ forward-digits 7 dial-peer voice 10000 pots ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comm giving unexpected results

Hi I am comparing two files with comm -13 < (sort acc11.txt) < (sort acc12.txt) > output.txt purpose: Get non matching records which are in acc12 but not in acc11... TI am getting WRONG output. Is there any constraints with record length with comm? The above files are the two consective ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedanta
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeing unexpected results when i run through cronjob

Hi I'm having hard time here with below script. If i run script manually i see expected results but, if i keep this script in cron job i'm getting unexpected results. Unexpected results means even though condition is true,cronjob returning output of else condition. This script and cronjob... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
2 Replies
Mail::Box::Search::SpamAssassin(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Mail::Box::Search::SpamAssassin(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Box::Search::SpamAssassin - select spam messages with Mail::SpamAssassin INHERITANCE
Mail::Box::Search::SpamAssassin is a Mail::Box::Search is a Mail::Reporter SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Box::Manager; my $mgr = Mail::Box::Manager->new; my $folder = $mgr->open('Inbox'); my $spam = Mail::Box::Search::SpamAssassin->new; if($spam->search($message)) {...} my @msgs = $filter->search($folder); foreach my $msg ($folder->messages) { $msg->delete if $msg->label('spam'); } my $spam2 = Mail::Box::Search::SpamAssassin ->new(deliver => 'DELETE'); $spam2->search($folder); $mgr->moveMessages($spamfolder, $folder->messages('spam')); DESCRIPTION
Spam means "unsollicited e-mail", and is as name derived from a Monty Python scatch. Although Monty Python is fun, spam is a pain: it needlessly spoils minutes of time from most people: telephone bills, overful mailboxes which block honest e-mail, and accidentally removal of honest e-mail which looks like spam. Spam is the pest of Internet. Happily, Mail::Box can be used as spam filter, in combination with the useful Mail::SpamAssassin module (which must be installed separately). Each message which is searched is wrapped in a Mail::Message::Wrapper::SpamAssassin object. The spam-assassin module version 2 is not really well adapted for Mail::Message objects, which will make this search even slower than spam- detection already is. METHODS
Constructors Mail::Box::Search::SpamAssassin->new(OPTIONS) Create a spam filter. Internally, a Mail::SpamAssassin object is maintained. Only the whole message can be searched; this is a limitation of the Mail::SpamAssassin module. -Option --Defined in --Default binaries Mail::Box::Search <false> decode Mail::Box::Search <true> delayed Mail::Box::Search <true> deleted Mail::Box::Search <false> deliver Mail::Box::Search undef in Mail::Box::Search 'MESSAGE' label c<'spam'> limit Mail::Box::Search 0 log Mail::Reporter 'WARNINGS' logical Mail::Box::Search 'REPLACE' multiparts Mail::Box::Search <true> rewrite_mail <true> sa_options { } spam_assassin undef trace Mail::Reporter 'WARNINGS' binaries => BOOLEAN decode => BOOLEAN delayed => BOOLEAN deleted => BOOLEAN deliver => undef|CODE|'DELETE' in => 'HEAD'|'BODY'|'MESSAGE' label => STRING|undef Mark all selected message with the specified STRING. If this option is explicitly set to "undef", the label will not be set. limit => NUMBER log => LEVEL logical => 'REPLACE'|'AND'|'OR'|'NOT'|'AND NOT'|'OR NOT' multiparts => BOOLEAN rewrite_mail => BOOLEAN Add lines to the message header describing the results of the spam scan. See Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus subroutine rewrite_mail. sa_options => HASH Options to create the internal Mail::SpamAssassin object; see its manual page for the available options. Other setting may be provided via SpamAssassins configuration file mechanism, which is explained in Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf. spam_assassin => OBJECT Provide a Mail::SpamAssassin object to be used for searching spam. If none is specified, one is created internally. The object can be retreived with assassinator(). trace => LEVEL example: my $filter = Mail::Box::Search::SpamAssassin ->new( found => 'DELETE' ); Searching $obj->assassinator() Returns the internally maintained assassinator object. You may want to reach this object for complex configuration. $obj->inBody(PART, BODY) See "Searching" in Mail::Box::Search $obj->inHead(PART, HEAD) See "Searching" in Mail::Box::Search $obj->search(FOLDER|THREAD|MESSAGE|ARRAY-OF-MESSAGES) See "Searching" in Mail::Box::Search $obj->searchPart(PART) See "Searching" in Mail::Box::Search The Results $obj->printMatch([FILEHANDLE], HASH) See "The Results" in Mail::Box::Search Error handling $obj->AUTOLOAD() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->addReport(OBJECT) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) Mail::Box::Search::SpamAssassin->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->errors() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) Mail::Box::Search::SpamAssassin->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logPriority(LEVEL) Mail::Box::Search::SpamAssassin->logPriority(LEVEL) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logSettings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->notImplemented() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->report([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->reportAll([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->trace([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->warnings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter Cleanup $obj->DESTROY() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter $obj->inGlobalDestruction() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter DIAGNOSTICS
Error: Package $package does not implement $method. Fatal error: the specific package (or one of its superclasses) does not implement this method where it should. This message means that some other related classes do implement this method however the class at hand does not. Probably you should investigate this and probably inform the author of the package. SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Box::Search::SpamAssassin(3pm)