Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete blocks of lines from text file Post 302152160 by nrbhole on Tuesday 18th of December 2007 11:40:43 PM
Old 12-19-2007
Delete blocks of lines from text file

Hello,

Hello Firends,
I have file like below. I want to remove selected blocks say abc,pqr,lst. how can i remove those blocks from file.

zone abc {
blah
blah
blah }

zone xyz {
blah
blah
blah }

zone pqr {
blah
blah
blah }

zone lst {
blah
blah
blah }

zone bzs {
blah
blah
blah }

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Delete specific lines in a text file

Hi, experts, I would like to create a function that can calculate the total number of lines in a saved text file and delete specific lines in that particular file (I only want the last few lines). Hav anybody have the experience and giv me a hand in this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dniz
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Blank Lines Between DHCP Host Blocks

Hi All, I have a dhcpd.conf file that gets static hosts added and removed via a shell script. After sometime, there becomes huge gaps of space ( blank lines ) between each host block. I tried a couple of sed one-liners; but, I can't seem to get the output I'm looking for. Also, I would like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract blocks of text from a file

Hi, This is part of a large text file I need to separate out. I'd like some help to build a shell script that will extract the text between sets of dashed lines, write that to a new file using the whole or part of the first text string as the new file name, then move on to the next one and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cajunfries
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete vertical lines in an text file

Hi everybody! I need to delete several vertical lines in a huge text file. It should work like the example below. Delete the vertical lines 2 and 8. 123456789 masldfjla afsajfwel sajfljsaf safsarfrl sajfeljwq 1345679 msldfja asajfwl sjfljsf sfsarfl sjfeljq Is there a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: relaxo
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

looking for a script that will delete lines in a text file

it will grep for a line and then delete these line. how do i begin to write this script if theres no available one? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garfish
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines from text file?

hi guys, I have very large txt files (200GB) and just want to to delete the first two lines (headers). So far I used sed -i '1,2d' infile.txtbut this command always takes extremely long as it writes all again. Is there a better way to do it (ie just to delete the lines without writing all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TuAd
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines of a text file based on another text file?

I have 2 TXT files with with 8 columns in them(tab separated). First file has 2000 entries whereas 2nd file has 300 entries. The first file has ALL the lines of second file. Now I need to remove those 300 lines (which are in both files) from first file so that first file's line count become... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove duplicate text blocks from a file?

Hi All I have a list of files which will have duplicate list of blocks of text. Following is a sample of the file, I have removed the sensitive information from the file. All the code samples starts from <TR BGCOLOR="white"> and Ends with IP address and two html tags like this. 10.14.22.22... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahasona
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all CONSECUTIVE text lines from file shell scripting

Hi I have a text file like below. THe content of the text will vary. Entire text file have four consecutive lines followed with blank line. I want to delete the occurrence of the two consicutive lines in the text file. I don't have pattern to match and delete. Just i need to delete all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tried many options but unable to delete blank lines from text file

Hi, I tried the following options but was unable to delete blank lines from file Input file = temp.hash.txt temp.hash.txt content 90 0 89.56 0 0 57575.4544 56.89 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuuunnnn
9 Replies
SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure - SQL::Translator procedure object SYNOPSIS
use SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure; my $procedure = SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure->new( name => 'foo', sql => 'CREATE PROC foo AS SELECT * FROM bar', parameters => 'foo,bar', owner => 'nomar', comments => 'blah blah blah', schema => $schema, ); DESCRIPTION
"SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure" is a class for dealing with stored procedures (and possibly other pieces of nameable SQL code?). METHODS
new Object constructor. my $schema = SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure->new; parameters Gets and set the parameters of the stored procedure. $procedure->parameters('id'); $procedure->parameters('id', 'name'); $procedure->parameters( 'id, name' ); $procedure->parameters( [ 'id', 'name' ] ); $procedure->parameters( qw[ id name ] ); my @parameters = $procedure->parameters; name Get or set the procedure's name. $procedure->name('foo'); my $name = $procedure->name; sql Get or set the procedure's SQL. $procedure->sql('select * from foo'); my $sql = $procedure->sql; order Get or set the order of the procedure. $procedure->order( 3 ); my $order = $procedure->order; owner Get or set the owner of the procedure. $procedure->owner('nomar'); my $sql = $procedure->owner; comments Get or set the comments on a procedure. $procedure->comments('foo'); $procedure->comments('bar'); print join( ', ', $procedure->comments ); # prints "foo, bar" schema Get or set the procedures's schema object. $procedure->schema( $schema ); my $schema = $procedure->schema; equals Determines if this procedure is the same as another my $isIdentical = $procedure1->equals( $procedure2 ); AUTHORS
Ken Youens-Clark <kclark@cshl.org>, Paul Harrington <Paul-Harrington@deshaw.com>. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure(3pm)