Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Determine Number of Processes Running Post 302151816 by wayne1411 on Monday 17th of December 2007 12:39:27 PM
Old 12-17-2007
Thanks a bunch!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

$A is a number / any other string? How to determine ?

I have a variable (say $A) and while passing it gets either a number or some other string. Now how can test (with if else) whether the variable is just a ne or something else ? Thanks a lot to all in advance C Saha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
2 Replies

2. Programming

In C Program, determine if job is running

Is it possible to run the following Unix command in a C program and obtain results as to whether the job is running or not? ps -ef | grep 'job_name' | grep -v grep I'm fairly new at C and need to know what code I'd need in the C program. Thanks, in advance, for your assistance. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keep a certain number of background processes running

I've got a bit of code I'm trying to work on... What i want to happen is ... at all times have four parallel mysql dump and imports running. I found the follow code snippet on the forum and modified it to work by starting four concurrent processes but it waits until all four are done before... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgob123
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to determine the number of NFS threads RUNNING on the system

Hi, Anyone can tell me how to get the number of NFS threads RUNNING on the system for Solaris 10? Someone told me for Solaris 9, the method is "echo "*svc$<svcpool" | adb -k. But, I've tried to google the method for Solaris 10 and did not find the corresponding method, please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wang.caiqi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Control Number of Processes Running

Hi Is there a way to count how many processes a script has started, count how many of these have finished, and make the script wait if their difference goes over a given threshold? I am using a script to repeatedly execute a code (~100x) which converts 2 data files into one .plt which is in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbones
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine the active processes on the system which are running since long time

Hi , Please help me shell script to determine the active processes on the system which are running since long time (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itian2010
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine the number of spaces

Here is a weird question :) i am trying to create a script written in bash that will create configuration files for nagios. As some of you aware is has to be written in the below format: define service{ option1 value1 option2 value2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppolianidis
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you print the number of processes that each user is currently running in Unix?

Ok, so I know there's a way to do this, but I've been trying to find out all afternoon with no luck. I think it should print out something like this: 1 bin 2 daemon 6 duo Where the numbers on the left are the number of processes being run by the user whose name is listed on the right. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duo11
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determine maximum allowable processes on a platform

Hello Unix gurus, I'm creating this analysis to determine whether the maximum allowable process is nearly reached then alarm the user with it. Can someone please help me on how I can determine the maximum allowable process that a platform can handle? BTW, below are the details that might be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jin_
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I find the number of processes running on root?

Is there a certain man command I'm missing here? I searched in ps but I couldn't find something that would give me the number of processes running on root. I only want to see the number of processes, not the processes itself. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: l3monz
2 Replies
ppmquantall(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ppmquantall(1)

NAME
ppmquantall - run ppmquant on a bunch of files all at once, so they share a common colormap SYNOPSIS
ppmquantall [-ext extension] ncolors ppmfile ... DESCRIPTION
Takes a bunch of portable pixmap as input. Chooses ncolors colors to best represent all of the images, maps the existing colors to the new ones, and overwrites the input files with the new quantized versions. If you don't want to overwrite your input files, use the -ext option. The output files are then named the same as the input files, plus a period and the extension text you specify. Verbose explanation: Let's say you've got a dozen pixmaps that you want to display on the screen all at the same time. Your screen can only display 256 different colors, but the pixmaps have a total of a thousand or so different colors. For a single pixmap you solve this problem with ppmquant; this script solves it for multiple pixmaps. All it does is concatenate them together into one big pixmap, run ppmquant on that, and then split it up into little pixmaps again. (Note that another way to solve this problem is to pre-select a set of colors and then use ppmquant's -map option to separately quantize each pixmap to that set.) SEE ALSO
ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 27 July 1990 ppmquantall(1)