Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ntop/Nmon alternatives
Operating Systems Linux ntop/Nmon alternatives Post 302151778 by sysgate on Monday 17th of December 2007 09:49:11 AM
Old 12-17-2007
Performance is too general high level term, can you specify what exactly you need to monitor ? On the other hand, a tool similar to the above ones is "sar" - system activity report, part of "sysstat" package.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Alternatives for sudo??

I am looking for an alternative for sudo in linux, where i need not type the password. OR is there any other version of 'growisofs', which can be executed under sudo??? As currently 'growisofs' refuses to start under sudo... Thanks in advance (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sony star
12 Replies

2. Red Hat

Can't start NTOP service/daemon

I have installed version of ntop 4.0.3 by guide. But I can't start ntop daemon/service. I didn't find a service file for starting. During the installation there was no problem only want to RRDTool so I installed that. Now there is no necessary package required. I didn't find in /etc/init.d/... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
9 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Snort/NTOP Placement

I have been asked to place 2 (1 NTOP & 1 SNORT) boxes within our network as part of our tool kit for network monitoring and Intrusion detection. Out network is very simplistic and it layed out like this: internet | | Cisco 1811 Router (8x Layer 2 switch ports) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies
sa2(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    sa2(8)

NAME
sa2 -- Generate a system activity daily report file. SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sa/sa2 [-dgpu] [-n mode] [-e time] [-f filename] [-i seconds] [-s time] DESCRIPTION
The sa2 command is a shell script used to invoke the system activity reporter sar for purposes of generating the standard default daily report file. The report file generated is, /var/log/sa/sardd where the dd represents the current day of the month. The sa2 options are the same as those documented in sar(1). When sa2 runs, it will also remove data and report files, found in /var/log/sa, that are more than one week old. The sa2 command is intended to be started by cron. EXAMPLE CRON ENTRY
# Starting at 8am collect system activity records # every 20 minutes for 12 hours # 20 minutes = 1200 seconds # 12 hours with 3 samples each hour = 36 loops 0 8 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1200 36 # After the 12 hour period, # collect a system activity report 30 20 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -A FILES
/var/log/sa/sardd Default daily report file. /var/log/sa/sadd Default daily data file. dd are digits that represent the day of the month. SEE ALSO
sa1(8), sadc(8), sar(1), iostat(8), vm_stat(1), netstat(1), top(1), sc_usage(1), fs_usage(1), crontab(1), crontab(5) Mac OS X Jul 25 2003 Mac OS X