Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting query to get a value from database Post 302151777 by vivek_damodaran on Monday 17th of December 2007 09:29:51 AM
Old 12-17-2007
query to get a value from database

Hi friends,

I have written a script which retrieves one value from the database.
It takes time for the sql query to get the desired output. So the query runs fine from TOAD or from UNIX console.

However if I put this in a script it doesn't work. The script is as below.

#! /bin/ksh
DB_VALID_CDR=`sqlplus -s username/password<<!EOF | grep -v "^Connected" 2>&1
set termout off echo off feedback off pause off timing off time off
set pages 0
clear breaks
clear compute
set termout on
select a.VALUE_INTEGER from client_statistics a, statistic_type b where a.STATISTICS_TYPE=b.Statistic_type_id and a.STATISTICS_OBJECT like '%20071217102445_9673324_AG40_20071217101738_0000002118%' and b.STATISTIC_TYPE='valid_cdrs'
EXIT
!EOF`
echo $DB_VALID_CDR

I strongly believe that the issue is with the query taking time to return the value.

Please let me know how to tackle the issue.

Many thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing database query in a variable

I am executing a SQL query in Unix Server: select status,location from user_information where request_id='DS-43720' In shell script I am writing this query in the below manner: echo "select status,location from user_information where request_id='DS-43720' ;" >> $directory/info.sql ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database Query

Hi, Am using informix database. When i give "isqlrf <database name> - " from the command prompt , i get connected to the database and i can run sql queries.. I am moving to freeBSD and when i give the same command at the prompt i get an error : Index already exists on column Why is this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To spool output from a database query

Hi all, I would want to spool file for a database query, however by using crontab, the file is not spooled. Below shows my script: ORACLE_HOME="/u01/oraprod/perpdb/10.1.0/db_1" OUTFILE="/tmp/invalid.out" FILE="$HOME/admin/scripts" $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s "/as sysdba"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Network Tweaking - Database Query Across Internet

Hi We run a script that queries a database via the internet and we need the fast possible connections to the database server. I have centos server which sends the requests to the database across the internet . it sends upto 800 queries per milliseconds however this using the default... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: um08
4 Replies

5. Programming

Oracle Database Query

How can i modify the below to search for the things i'm looking for during a certain time frame? select Node, NodeAlias, Summary, Tally, AlertKey, AlertGroup, Manager, Agent from mrtg_alerts where LastOccurrence > '5-Dec-2010' order by Manager desc; In this particular case, this query is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to create users from database query

#!/bin/bash user=`mysql userList -uuserlist -puserlistpassword -s -N -e "SELECT userName FROM users WHERE activated='n'"` for i in $user; do useradd "$i" -m doneThis is what I have done so far. But obviously it still does not work. I'm trying to create users based on information stored in a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucketuk
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a remote database query?

Thank you for taking the time to read my issue. I need to set up a script to run from a wagon wheel type toplogy where 1 server needs to query about 10 to 15 remote servers for duplicate values in a database table. If a duplicate value is found, send an email to me( or wall command to console).... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lutador72
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print multiple rows from database query?

HI, I am having scenario like to print multipule rows from output of database query sample query i mentioned below code=`db2 -x select code,values from dummy` in the query output i am getting around 110 records with 2 columns. sample output pasted below code,value... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar v
3 Replies

9. Programming

Database query

I am getting an error function in date formate while importing the date ccolumn in oracle sql developer tool My date format in table is 6-Nov-14 and while importing its converted to 6/11/14 eventhough the format is as 6-Nov-14 in excel. could you please let help me out what I need to change... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
6 Replies

10. Programming

Hierarchical Query for Sybase database

Team I am using DBartisan tool for sybase database. I have a table that has below fields Employee_ID,EMP_Name,First_Nm,Last_Nm,Emp_Designation,Employee's_Manager is it possible to retrieve hierarchical data based on below fields Emp_Designation will have Soft Engg,SSE,Team Lead,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
6 Replies
MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)

NAME
mysql_fix_privilege_tables - upgrade MySQL system tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password DESCRIPTION
Note In MySQL 5.1.7, mysql_fix_privilege_tables was superseded by mysql_upgrade, which should be used instead. See mysql_upgrade(1). Some releases of MySQL introduce changes to the structure of the system tables in the mysql database to add new privileges or support new features. When you update to a new version of MySQL, you should update your system tables as well to make sure that their structure is up to date. Otherwise, there might be capabilities that you cannot take advantage of. mysql_fix_privilege_tables is an older script that previously was used to uprade the system tables in the mysql database after a MySQL upgrade. Before running mysql_fix_privilege_tables, make a backup of your mysql database. On Unix or Unix-like systems, update the system tables by running the mysql_fix_privilege_tables script: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables You must run this script while the server is running. It attempts to connect to the server running on the local host as root. If your root account requires a password, indicate the password on the command line like this: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password The mysql_fix_privilege_tables script performs any actions necessary to convert your system tables to the current format. You might see some Duplicate column name warnings as it runs; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it so that any changes made to the system tables take effect. On Windows systems, MySQL distributions include a mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql SQL script that you can run using the mysql client. For example, if your MySQL installation is located at C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1, the commands look like this: C:> cd "C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1" C:> binmysql -u root -p mysql mysql> SOURCE share/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql Note Prior to version 5.1.17, the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script is found in the scripts directory. The mysql command will prompt you for the root password; enter it when prompted. If your installation is located in some other directory, adjust the path names appropriately. As with the Unix procedure, you might see some Duplicate column name warnings as mysql processes the statements in the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)