Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: resize /var/www (debian)
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users resize /var/www (debian) Post 302151755 by donald1111 on Monday 17th of December 2007 07:36:15 AM
Old 12-17-2007
Or you can link to another partition where is more space, for example:
ln -s /partition/with/more/space /var/www/directory

Note that the option "FollowSymLinks" is active in the directory section of apache Webserver.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

diff b/w /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

hi sirs can u tell the difference between /var/log/syslogs and /var/adm/messages in my working place i am having two servers. in one servers messages file is empty and syslog file is going on increasing.. and in another servers message file is going on increasing but syslog file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

2. Web Development

var/www/html permissions

Hi, first post. I have no Linux experience. I have an e-friend that set me up a VPS and my website with Apache and FTP access so I could upload my files the way I do it regularly with my shared hosting. The OS in the VPS is Fedora by the way. Now the thing is: http ://www.mydomain.com presents... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPA
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions of the folder var/www

what should be the permissions of the folder var/www in my ubuntu ? I need it to be safe and at the same time I need ftp users to be able to edit it. I was wondering if I should create a group with all permissions and add ftp users to this group in unix. what's the standard way to do it ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
4 Replies

4. Solaris

/var/adm & /var/sadm

what is the difference between tha /var/adm and /var/sadm files in solaris 10 Os please can any one respond quickly thanking you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wkbn86
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Difference between /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

Hi, Is the contents in /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages are same?? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to protect directory var/www in debian?

hi i need somme help to protect directory in debian with user and pass var/www thank's (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: azzeddine2005
6 Replies

7. Debian

Help request. FTP user to var/www/html

Hi all. I appologise this is my first post, I will gladly have a further look around to see if this has been posted elsewhere, but so far it has not, or it doesnt quite explain in full what I need. If anyone here can help me out, I would really appreciate this. I want to make sure I do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pinkfloyd
1 Replies

8. Web Development

$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] directs to /var/www not ~/public_html

Hi all, Exactly like my title says. I am learning PHP and MySQL and I used to use /var/www/ to host (contain or store) my files (.htm/.php) for testing. I could configure, finally, apache2 to use ~/public_html instead. Now I when I tried to use $_SERVER it still directs (I used echo to show... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csh , how to set var value into new var, in short string concatenation

i try to find way to make string concatenation in csh ( sorry this is what i have ) so i found out i can't do : set string_buff = "" foreach line("`cat $source_dir/$f`") $string_buff = string_buff $line end how can i do string concatenation? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
FS_DISKFREE(1)						       AFS Command Reference						    FS_DISKFREE(1)

NAME
fs_diskfree - Shows data about the partition housing a directory or file SYNOPSIS
fs diskfree [-path <dir/file path>+] [-human] [-help] fs df [-p <dir/file path>+] [-hu] [-he] fs di [-p <dir/file path>+] [-hu] [-he] DESCRIPTION
The fs diskfree command formats and displays information about the partition that houses the volume containing the specified directory or file, including its size and how much space is currently used. To display information about the volume itself, use the fs examine command. The fs examine and fs quota commands also display information about a volume. CAUTIONS
The partition-related statistics in this command's output do not always agree with the corresponding values in the output of the standard UNIX df command. The statistics reported by this command can be up to five minutes old, because the Cache Manager polls the File Server for partition information at that frequency. Also, on some operating systems, the df command's report of partition size includes reserved space not included in this command's calculation, and so is likely to be about 10% larger. OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path>+ Names a file or directory that resides on the partition about which to produce output. Partial pathnames are interpreted relative to the current working directory, which is also the default value if this argument is omitted. -human Print space in a "human-readable" format. Instead of always printing space in kilobytes, show disk space in kilobytes, megabytes, gigabytes, terabytes, or petabytes, as appropriate. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output reports the following information about the volume and partition that houses each file or directory: Volume Name The name of the volume. total The partition's total size. If -human is not specified, this value is in kilobytes. used The amount of space used on the partition. If -human is not specified, this value is in kilobytes. avail The amount of space available on the partition. If -human is not specified, this value is in kilobytes. %used The percentage of the partition's total space that is used (the "used" statistic divided by the "kbytes" statistic, times 100). If the %used statistic is greater than 90%, it is marked with the string "<<WARNING" at the right margin. If the volume is a read-only volume, the output includes information about only one of the partitions that houses it, generally the one on the file server machine with the lowest preference rank. To verify which machine the output is referring to, use the vos listvldb command to list the volume's locations, and the vos partinfo command to display the size of each one. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the output for the partitions housing the volumes "user.smith" and "sun4x_56.bin": % fs diskfree -path /afs/abc.com/usr/smith /afs/abc.com/sun4x_56/bin Volume Name total used avail %used user.smith 4177920 3841258 336662 92% <<WARNING sun4x_56.bin 4423680 3174500 1249180 72% PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "r" (read) permission on the ACL of the root directory of the volume that houses the file or directory named by the -path argument, and "l" (list) permission on the ACL of each directory that precedes it in the pathname. SEE ALSO
fs_examine(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_DISKFREE(1)