Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shared lib issue
Operating Systems HP-UX shared lib issue Post 302151466 by porter on Saturday 15th of December 2007 03:59:36 PM
Old 12-15-2007
That looks like a problem with dynamic loading.

1.Have you built all shared libraries?

2. Are any of the shared libraries implemented in C++?

3. Did you use the same compiler on *all* modules, shared and application?

4. Have you tried "ldd"? Can this resolve all modules?

5. Please post "uname -a" of system. Is this 32 bit/64 bit, PA-RISC or Itanium?

Another feature of HPUX is that unless you are careful the build process won't warn you of unresolved dependencies.

Last edited by porter; 12-15-2007 at 05:13 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What happens when an exe/lib links to another shared one:

We build our code on all platforms Sol, Hp, Aix, Sgi & linux. Some base libraries have changed. All the dependent exe & lib which use those base libraries have changed in all platforms in terms of size/checksum or both except linux. No code has changed in these. We have a post utility... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with shared object in AIX

Hi All, I have a problem with the shared objects setup in AIX. We have a customized shell written by the developers over here. When i issue a MQ Series command (mqsilist) it is giving the error as . All the commands making use of this libImbCmdLib.a.so is failing. But when executed in normal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
1 Replies

3. AIX

Shared memory issue

Hi friends.. Help to solve this issue... Is there any parameter setting to control or limit the size of the shared memory a process can attach for the below specified environment? The man pages says it can attach upto segments of size 2GB. But when our process (which also connects to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdspawankumar
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Shared Library Issue HP UX

I have never seen this issue before, but here is what is happening. I link an executable against two dynamic mlib libraries veclib and lapack. We place a newer version of these libraries in a write only directory and point the shlib_path at that directory. When the executable runs, it gets a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sambarusty
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

ls: /lib/libattr.so.1: no version information available (required by /lib/libacl.so.1)

Hello, I'm experimenting a problem on my rh server. Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 8) 2.4.21-47.ELsmp #1 SMP i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux It started with a segmentation fault on #id root To resolve it, I've installed coreutils-4.5.3-28.4.i386.rpm But, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies

6. Programming

Can I create a shared object by using an static lib?

for example, I have a static lib name liba.a it offers some interface such a1();a2(); but i do not have the source code of liba.a; If i would like to create a shared object, and offer the similar interface of a1 and a2; Is there a way to fulfill such requirement? thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: flost
7 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 5.2 C++ shared object issue

Hi all, I am developing an application with two components. One "c" binary and one "C++" shared object. While execution, the shared object crashes out and core dump is created whenever "new" is executed. But if i use malloc this will work perfectly. I tried to use dbx. Below given was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itssujith
1 Replies

8. Linux

Permission denied issue on a Shared drive

Hi, I have 2 linux servers. One of them has a mount which I have mapped to a shared samba directory on the other server. Below will help you understand better. smb.conf on Server1: workgroup = WRKGRP netbios name = smbserver security = SHARE load printers = No default service = global... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishrao
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shared File system- lib access issue

I have a C++ binary executable installed in a file system which is shared across multiple solaris boxes. When I start this executable from one of the boxes,I am able to start only 4 parallel instances and from the 5th instance onwards I am getting the following error. fatal: libdb2.so.1:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

10. Programming

Shared library with acces to shared memory.

Hello. I am new to this forum and I would like to ask for advice about low level POSIX programming. I have to implement a POSIX compliant C shared library. A file will have some variables and the shared library will have some functions which need those variables. There is one special... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjag
5 Replies
GZEXE(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)