Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to check weather file is blank or not? Post 302151405 by fpmurphy on Saturday 15th of December 2007 05:05:25 AM
Old 12-15-2007
If by "blank" you mean an empty file, you could use the test utility.

Code:
[ -s xyz.txt ] && {
     do something
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check for the first character to be blank

I'm having a problem when the first line or first character of a file is blank. I need to get rid of both of them when they occur but don't want to delete the line. Does anyone have any suggestions? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthreedhr
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to verify weather it is a ebcdic file or not

Hi all, Please tell me how to verify weather it is a ebcdic file or not . I checked with file commond but it is giving like International Language text. Regards, Chaitu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_chaitanya
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

save weather radar to local time-named file every 15 minutes

I think I can do this myself now, but I am always amazed by how people can do things cleaner and simpler than I end up doing... Using cron, I want to save the image found at: http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/RadarImg/centgrtlakes.gif every 15 minutes to a local file , such as ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brucewestfall
1 Replies

4. Linux

Check weather a file is in use or not?

Hi, Hi want to check weather a file is being used by using a command or java code or shell script. So, can any body give me some idea.. Thanks Buddhika (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cse.buddhika
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if return value is blank

Hi, i am trying to get the no of users using nofActUsers=$(echo /usr/sbin/lsof -l | grep "/mast/data/users" ) it will return blank, if the user does nto have permissions to run the script. Now I need to check if the valueis blank i have route to another script else the user has to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use PYTHON to collect data weather and print in new file

Hi all, i have a task to do with Python and because i'm a beginner on it i would like your help on this. Create a python script that: Every hour collect the Temperature (e.g. 29C) and Current Condition (e.g. Clear) from this website wunderground.com/global/stations/54511.html Create a CSV... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragaga123
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if the file is empty or has blank space.?

Hi, I am using KSH. I am trying to check if the output file is empty or not. I tried with ] but what i see is my file is empty but still manages to have a size of 1 instead of 0. But my file doesnot have anything its empty. I am not sure how to check this. can any one help? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete blank spaces and blank lines in a file

Hi Gurus, Somebody can say me how to delete blank spaces and blank lines in a file unix, please. Thank you for advanced. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check Blank Lines, Blank Records and Junk Characters in a File

Hi All Need Help I have a file with the below format (ABC.TXT) : ®¿¿ABCDHEJJSJJ|XCBJSKK01|M|7348974982790 HDFLJDKJSKJ|KJALKSD02|M|7378439274898 KJHSAJKHHJJ|LJDSAJKK03|F|9898982039999 (cont......) I need to write a script where it will check for : blank lines (between rows,before... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
6 Replies
ZIPARCHIVE.OPEN(3)							 1							ZIPARCHIVE.OPEN(3)

ZipArchive::open - Open a ZIP file archive

SYNOPSIS
mixed ZipArchive::open (string $filename, [int $flags]) DESCRIPTION
Opens a new zip archive for reading, writing or modifying. PARAMETERS
o $filename - The file name of the ZIP archive to open. o $flags - The mode to use to open the archive. o ZipArchive::OVERWRITE o ZipArchive::CREATE o ZipArchive::EXCL o ZipArchive::CHECKCONS RETURN VALUES
o $Error codes - Returns TRUE on success or the error code. o ZipArchive::ER_EXISTS File already exists. o ZipArchive::ER_INCONS Zip archive inconsistent. o ZipArchive::ER_INVAL Invalid argument. o ZipArchive::ER_MEMORY Malloc failure. o ZipArchive::ER_NOENT No such file. o ZipArchive::ER_NOZIP Not a zip archive. o ZipArchive::ER_OPEN Can't open file. o ZipArchive::ER_READ Read error. o ZipArchive::ER_SEEK Seek error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Open and extract <?php $zip = new ZipArchive; $res = $zip->open('test.zip'); if ($res === TRUE) { echo 'ok'; $zip->extractTo('test'); $zip->close(); } else { echo 'failed, code:' . $res; } ?> Example #2 Create an archive <?php $zip = new ZipArchive; $res = $zip->open('test.zip', ZipArchive::CREATE); if ($res === TRUE) { $zip->addFromString('test.txt', 'file content goes here'); $zip->addFile('data.txt', 'entryname.txt'); $zip->close(); echo 'ok'; } else { echo 'failed'; } ?> PHP Documentation Group ZIPARCHIVE.OPEN(3)