Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run shell script from .bat file Post 302151401 by prowla on Saturday 15th of December 2007 04:47:20 AM
Old 12-15-2007
Cygwin allows it too.

This is an example that I use to open a window and ssh into an interactive shell on a Linux PC:
Code:
SET h=naim
SET fg=green
%RUN% xterm -fg %fg% -bg black -fn 9x15 -geometry 100x30 -ls -sb -rightbar -sl 1000 -title %h% -e ssh "%id%@%h%" &

(Cygwin is a freeware UNIX-like environment that runs under Windows.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help needed to connect to windows from unix and run .bat file

Hi Can anyone tell if it is possible to connect from Unix to t a remote windows environment and run a .bat script. Do SSH/SFTP... serve my purpose..if s how.... if not which commands or scripts will help with my requiremnt. points on this are greatly honoured. Thanks in advance. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmis10
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Calling a .bat file using Korn script

Hi all, I am a very new user for korn scripting and in a process of learning. i have a .bat file that calls a .vbs file which calls a macro used to convert an excel spread sheet to .csv file... Now i want to automate this process. I want to call this bat file using a korn script or a korn... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to run the commands reading options from local file

I have to use shell script to run series of commands on another unix box by connecting through SSH and giving user credentials. For running commands on remote machine I have to use options reading from a local file. Process: Connecting to remote unix server <host1.ibm.com> through ssh Login: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsprout
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run cygwin in .bat file

Hello everyone, I've written quite a few AWK scripts to run in cygwin and now, I would like to run them one after the other in a .bat file. The problem is, I tried modifying the .bat file used to run cygwin in the first place, but whenever I change something, it doesn't work. The PATH is set up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teroc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run a python program on multiple entries in a file

Hello I am trying to run a python program using shell script, which takes a single argument from a file. This file has one entry per line : 1aaa 2bbb 3ccc 4ddd 5eee ... ... ... My shell script runs the program, only for the last entry : #!/bin/sh IFS=$'\n' for line in $(cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

php file unable to run shell script with arguments

echo $result=exec("./permit.sh".$_FILES); pls suggest some other method to run shell script in php .:wall::mad: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a shell script in remote server from windows batch file

Hi all, i need to run a shell script on remote server. I have created file .bat file in windows server with following code, c:\Users\Desktop\putty.exe -ssh -pw password user@server ./script.sh i need to run the script.sh in my remote server Above command is not working, any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run executeable file using shell script?

Hi all, i really need a help for run my executeable program and add a file as a paramater to the executeable program. i want to run my executeable program by shell script. i have space.exe program and want to run it with gr1.adl file as a parameter to that space.exe program. Is there... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: weslyarfan
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run shell script based on date file

Hi Team, I have a to run a script based on a date present in a different file which updates everyday. Kindly help with the solution. My current execution : ksh scriptname.sh 10152019. But here i want to enter this date from a file which gets updated daily. My appraoch : date file location:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
3 Replies
File::Spec::Cygwin(3pm) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   File::Spec::Cygwin(3pm)

NAME
File::Spec::Cygwin - methods for Cygwin file specs SYNOPSIS
require File::Spec::Cygwin; # Done internally by File::Spec if needed DESCRIPTION
See File::Spec and File::Spec::Unix. This package overrides the implementation of these methods, not the semantics. This module is still in beta. Cygwin-knowledgeable folks are invited to offer patches and suggestions. canonpath Any "" (backslashes) are converted to "/" (forward slashes), and then File::Spec::Unix canonpath() is called on the result. file_name_is_absolute True is returned if the file name begins with "drive_letter:", and if not, File::Spec::Unix file_name_is_absolute() is called. tmpdir (override) Returns a string representation of the first existing directory from the following list: $ENV{TMPDIR} /tmp $ENV{'TMP'} $ENV{'TEMP'} C:/temp Since Perl 5.8.0, if running under taint mode, and if the environment variables are tainted, they are not used. case_tolerant Override Unix. Cygwin case-tolerance depends on managed mount settings and as with MsWin32 on GetVolumeInformation() $ouFsFlags == FS_CASE_SENSITIVE, indicating the case significance when comparing file specifications. Default: 1 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004,2007 by the Perl 5 Porters. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 File::Spec::Cygwin(3pm)