Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Doubt regarding Select()
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Doubt regarding Select() Post 302151385 by porter on Saturday 15th of December 2007 12:50:07 AM
Old 12-15-2007
It depends what you think the issue is.

Can you clarify what you mean by named pipe, do you mean fifo or AF_UNIX socket stream.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt on name

HI, Iam jus tin a confusion that solaris and unix are the same.if they are diffrent,how they are?pls give me a brief idea abt these two. I will be very grateful to you thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shruti_mgp
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt??

I jus want to know the meaning of the below command line(exclamation following that re-direction) sqlplus -s `cat /home/sample.txt` <<! Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nohup
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt

How would i create virtual interface in linux to configure more than one IP address for a physical interface? any help wll be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salil2012
1 Replies

4. Boot Loaders

Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key

Hello, I have kubuntu on my laptop and now I decided to switch to Windows 7. I made the bios settings properly (first choice is boot from cd\vd) but I see the error " reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key " I have tried CD and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt

Hi, I have a file with multiple entries and I have calculated the percentages. Now I want to know how many of my entries are there between 1-10% 11-20% and so on.. chr1_14401_14450 0.211954217888936 chr1_14451_14500 1.90758796100042 chr1_14501_14550 4.02713013988978... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

doubt

I need help in opening the .exe files in linux. As i have downloaded ubuntu os from trail version. after executing the the file name in terminal it is stating that get archive files for opening the .exe files. But i am unable to get it please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwanthguru
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt..

Hi experts, In one of our code we have used some command like this. name=${name##*/} Can someone please let me know what exactly it does? Thanks & Regards, Sathya V. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sathya83aa
1 Replies
STREAM_SET_BLOCKING(3)							 1						    STREAM_SET_BLOCKING(3)

stream_set_blocking - Set blocking/non-blocking mode on a stream

SYNOPSIS
bool stream_set_blocking (resource $stream, int $mode) DESCRIPTION
Sets blocking or non-blocking mode on a $stream. This function works for any stream that supports non-blocking mode (currently, regular files and socket streams). PARAMETERS
o $stream - The stream. o $mode - If $mode is 0, the given stream will be switched to non-blocking mode, and if 1, it will be switched to blocking mode. This affects calls like fgets(3) and fread(3) that read from the stream. In non-blocking mode an fgets(3) call will always return right away while in blocking mode it will wait for data to become available on the stream. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. NOTES
Note This function was previously called as set_socket_blocking(3) and later socket_set_blocking(3) but this usage is deprecated. SEE ALSO
stream_select(3). PHP Documentation Group STREAM_SET_BLOCKING(3)