Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HPUX certification
Operating Systems HP-UX HPUX certification Post 302151283 by pjottum on Friday 14th of December 2007 08:47:38 AM
Old 12-14-2007
Certification isn't a bad thing; it proofs at that time, you at least knew something.

More important, it gives non-technical recruiters something to hold on to.
As there are certainly more recruiters without technical knowledge, certification isn't such a bad idea.

Rafeeq's book is a good start - but it does mis some stuff compared to the 095 exam. When experienced, this will not be a problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Certification

are there any unix certification's on security, and which is the most best one to take? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lealyz
2 Replies

2. Programming

C Certification

I would like to become certified in C/C++ and UNIX. Can anyone assist by giving links or details of the best track I could take. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Luke
1 Replies

3. AIX

Certification

Hi, I know this may not be the right place to put this but i wanted to know if there is any AIX certification avialable or something similar . Or is there any general Unix certification . TIA Anubha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asinha63
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Certification

Hi I know Shell, AWK, SED, I am looking for some Certification Red Hat or any other recoginsed one. I dont want to go into Networking I want to remain as Developer...So Can you help me in knowing what kind of Certifications are avaible. Links, PDF's, etc are most welcomed. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceboykunal123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which certification

I'm learning UNIX on my Mac (BSD) and quite like it. I'm a newbie, but I think I'd like to eventually find some work with UNIX/LINUX. But I'm not sure where to begin -- there are so many versions and job options, it's kind of overwhelming. A friend suggested learning Debian to start out with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Certification course

Good afternnon i've got a question: Does anybody know if there is a course or link that i can take and then take a good and qualified certification course related to unix programim¡ng and scripting ? Id appreciate your help in advanced ---------- Post updated at 01:56 PM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

HP-UX certification

Hi, In my current organist I am using HP-UX. I would like to get certified in UNIX but i am not sure for which certification i should go. I am thinking of either Solaris or HP-UX. Please guide me which would be better for me? And also let me what study materials should i use and the Fees... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ManishV
3 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

The Benefits or Not of Certification (was LPIC certification)

Hi guys, What do you think about these certifications? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luca.Francesca
18 Replies
VWRIGHT(1)						      General Commands Manual							VWRIGHT(1)

NAME
vwright - normalize a RADIANCE view, shift it to the right SYNOPSIS
vwright [ view options ] distance vwright [ view options ] name DESCRIPTION
In the first form, vwright shifts a RADIANCE view the specified distance to the right, putting out a complete set of view parameters in a single line on the standard output. This utility is most often used to compute a right-eyed view from a left-eye view for stereo imaging. If no options are specified on the command line, vwright reads a view from its standard input. The distance given is in world coordinate units. A negative value indicates a shift to the left rather than the right. The second form substitutes a name prefix in place of the shift distance, and produces constant assignments on the standard output suitable for passing directly to rcalc(1). For a given prefix N, the constant names are as follows: Nt: view type ('v'==1,'l'==2,'a'==3,'h'==4,'c'==5,'s'==6) Npx: view point x value Npy: view point y value Npz: view point z value Ndx: view direction x value (normalized) Ndy: view direction y value (normalized) Ndz: view direction z value (normalized) Nd: view focal distance Nux: view up vector x value (normalized) Nuy: view up vector y value (normalized) Nuz: view up vector z value (normalized) Nh: view horizontal size Nv: view vertical size Ns: view shift Nl: view lift No: view fore clipping distance Na: view aft clipping distance Nhx: derived horizontal image vector x value (normalized) Nhy: derived horizontal image vector y value (normalized) Nhz: derived horizontal image vector z value (normalized) Nhn: derived horizontal image vector multiplier Nvx: derived vertical image vector x value (normalized) Nvy: derived vertical image vector y value (normalized) Nvz: derived vertical image vector z value (normalized) Nvn: derived vertical image vector multiplier EXAMPLES
To start rpict(1) on a view .06 meters left of the view in the file "right.vf": rpict `vwright -.06 < right.vf` scene.oct > right.hdr & To move the rad(1) view named "left" 2.5 inches to the right and render from there: rad -v "right `rad -n -s -V -v left examp.rif | vwright 2.5`" examp.rif & To pass a view to rcalc for conversion to some other view: rcalc -n -e `vwright orig < orig.vf` -f viewmod.cal -o view.fmt > new.vf AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
pdfblur(1), rad(1), rcalc(1), rpict(1), rvu(1) RADIANCE
8/29/96 VWRIGHT(1)