Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mainframe FTP error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mainframe FTP error Post 302151243 by Perderabo on Friday 14th of December 2007 03:19:40 AM
Old 12-14-2007
This sounds like some problem on the mainframe. Have you considered asking The IBM Mainframe Forum? There may not be many mainframe experts here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ftp from unix to mainframe

hi suppose i have a file named xyz(-1) and i have to transfer(ftp) it on a Mainframe from unix,how should i do it as whenever i try to do so it says use MVS naming conventions (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashishabhishek
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

ftp from unix to Mainframe

suppose i have a file named xyz(-1) and i have to transfer(ftp) it on a Mainframe from unix,how should i do it as whenever i try to do so it says use MVS naming conventions (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp file from unix to mainframe

thanks (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP'ing EBCDIC Characters from Mainframe

Hi All, I am new to this site, I have a requirement where in i have to FTP a file from mainframe to Unix box. The catch here is there are few Spanish characters like N with tilde(~) and a with ` etc., all other characters are coming fine but those mentioned above are not coming in a proper... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harikiranr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files to target Mainframe system

Hi Experts... Greetings for the day..! I just want to FTP the files to mainframe system.. my code is not working..and also i need to put the files in a particular directory in a specific naming format... ftp -i -n ${HOST_NAME} << END_FTP user ${USER_NAME} ${PASSWORD} put ${FILE_NAME}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP issues between mainframe and UNIX

Hi All, The issue is that, we have a dataset in mianframe whose record length is 153 characters. And a batch job ftpies it to the unix server(SunOS) as a test file. But the ftpied file in unix does not have a record length of 153 chars. Each record of 153 chars gets splited into two line of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshkumaru
8 Replies

7. Linux

ZLinux on mainframe

Hi Guys, I just wondering if anyone out there have got the chance to use the Zlinux. If you have please your comments will be highly appreciated. For those who haven't heard about Zlinux is a flavour of Linux that runs on what IBM calls IFL's and is basically sitting on the mainframe (Zseries... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script returning error code 2 from AIX to Mainframe

Hi, I have a shell script which is residing on AIX which is triggered by Mainframe through Connect Direct. The shell script creates several files and sends those files to mainframe using Connect Direct. The shell script is working fine, still it is returning exit code 2 to mainframe. What... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Aggarwal
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from AIX to Mainframe

Hi All, This is the scenario:- I am writing a script to automate FTP files from AIX to Mainframe. ( Binary mode, passive connection) FTP the currently available files(poll a directory to find the list) and put it to mainframe in one connection instance Verify if all the files are copied... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
24 Replies

10. AIX

AIX Forum: FTP from AIX to Mainframe

This discussion thread is an extension to what was discussed in Shell scripting section. Please refer the post for the requirement: Requirement Post - Click Here The whole thread - Click Here I would like to know how I can use NDM to transfer file from AIX to Mainframe and to verify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
3 Replies
HWLOC-DISTANCES(1)						       hwloc							HWLOC-DISTANCES(1)

NAME
hwloc-distances - Displays distance matrices SYNOPSIS
hwloc-distances [options] OPTIONS
-l --logical Display hwloc logical indexes (default) instead of physical/OS indexes. -p --physical Display OS/physical indexes instead of hwloc logical indexes. -i <file>, --input <file> Read topology from XML file <file> (instead of discovering the topology on the local machine). If <file> is "-", the standard input is used. XML support must have been compiled in to hwloc for this option to be usable. -i <directory>, --input <directory> Read topology from the chroot specified by <directory> (instead of discovering the topology on the local machine). This option is generally only available on Linux. The chroot was usually created by gathering another machine topology with hwloc-gather-topology. -i <specification>, --input <specification> Simulate a fake hierarchy (instead of discovering the topology on the local machine). If <specification> is "node:2 pu:3", the topology will contain two NUMA nodes with 3 processing units in each of them. The <specification> string must end with a number of PUs. --if <format>, --input-format <format> Enforce the input in the given format, among xml, fsroot and synthetic. --restrict <cpuset> Restrict the topology to the given cpuset. -v Verbose messages. --version Report version and exit. DESCRIPTION
hwloc-distances displays also distance matrices attached to the topology. A breadth-first traversal of the topology is performed starting from the root to find all distance matrices. NOTE: lstopo may also display distance matrices in its verbose textual output. However lstopo only prints matrices that cover the entire topology while hwloc-distances also displays matrices that ignore part of the topology. EXAMPLES
On a quad-socket opteron machine: $ hwloc-distances Latency matrix between 4 NUMANodes (depth 2) by logical indexes: index 0 1 2 3 0 1.000 1.600 2.200 2.200 1 1.600 1.000 2.200 2.200 2 2.200 2.200 1.000 1.600 3 2.200 2.200 1.600 1.000 RETURN VALUE
Upon successful execution, hwloc-distances returns 0. hwloc-distances will return nonzero if any kind of error occurs, such as (but not limited to) failure to parse the command line. SEE ALSO
hwloc(7), lstopo(1) 1.4.1 Feb 27, 2012 HWLOC-DISTANCES(1)