Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to use arrays in c shell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to use arrays in c shell Post 302151141 by domain on Thursday 13th of December 2007 04:31:34 PM
Old 12-13-2007
Ok , because I know you I'll give you a hint & If you want more details about it email me .. okay ?

Code:
set list ( "sum1" "sum2" "sum3" )
set list2 ( list list list )

the above lines produce array list2 which is 2D: 3*3
don't ask me how to use it nor manipulate it cause I don't know that ! But I'm gona try that after 7 or 8 days .. maybe .

Regards Smilie

Edit: dr.salay told me this, I didn't figure it out from my mind.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne Shell and Arrays

Hi everyone, first post here so please be gentle :-) I normally likle to script in Bourne Shell simply for guarenteed compatibility across any system I might run across but this latest problem has me stumped. Arrays is a rather significant construct missing from sh and after finding a way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unbeliever
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

arrays in shell script

Hi, can we use arrays in shell script? I have this so far: #!/bin/sh isql -Usa -P -S DBSERVER -o output << EOF sp_transactions "state", "prepared", "xactname" go / EOF the file 'output'' will be have many entries and I want to caputre the transaction names only: grep 000 output works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell / awk arrays

I have a bash shell script that sources a data file, the data file has array values such as: #--data file ---# sg_name="db1" sg_size="12892" sg_allow="50000" sg_name="db2" sg_size="12892" sg_allow="50000" export sg_name sg_size sg_allow #--end data file --# In my shell script... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lochraven
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

C shell arrays

how do you declare an array in the C shell and loop through each element? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help with arrays in C Shell

Hi guys could you please post links that explain how to use and manipulate arrays in c shell (.csh files) ? examples are useful too :rolleyes: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: domain
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

arrays in C shell

hi guys, i have the following code in C shell.. set i=0 while ($i < 11) master_array=${ARRAY} i++ done it gives me error at line 3: Variable syntax. what is wrong here? any help is appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using arrays in shell

I have three arrays. One is Master array and that has list of other array in config file. for e.g (for simplicity I have only defined array with 2 elements each) set +A MASTERARRAY SQLUPDATE_ONETIME SQLUPDATE_DAILY END_OF_ARRAY set +A SQLUPDATE_ONETIME update12 update22 END_OF_ARRAY... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anish
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for 2 arrays

I have 2 arrays abc and xyz abc = ( a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z ) and xyz = ( b c d e f ) lets assume a .... z are the file name. I have to perform a pattern replacement on each file present in abc array accept the files i have in xyz array. and i am doing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell arrays need help

Ok so spaces separate elements. What if you wanted an element to have a space in it? For instance: nums="one two three and a half" where "three and a half" is THE SAME element? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevenswj
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrays in Shell Scripts

I have defined an array like this: set -A MYARRAY MYARRAY=file1 MYARRAY=file2 MYARRAY=file3 MYARRAY=file4 i=0 while } ]] do echo "File Name $i :" ${MYARRAY} i=`expr $i + 1 ` echo "value of i=" $i done This works perfectly and shows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
4 Replies
foreach(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							foreach(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
foreach - Iterate over all elements in one or more lists SYNOPSIS
foreach varname list body foreach varlist1 list1 ?varlist2 list2 ...? body _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The foreach command implements a loop where the loop variable(s) take on values from one or more lists. In the simplest case there is one loop variable, varname, and one list, list, that is a list of values to assign to varname. The body argument is a Tcl script. For each element of list (in order from first to last), foreach assigns the contents of the element to varname as if the lindex command had been used to extract the element, then calls the Tcl interpreter to execute body. In the general case there can be more than one value list (e.g., list1 and list2), and each value list can be associated with a list of loop variables (e.g., varlist1 and varlist2). During each iteration of the loop the variables of each varlist are assigned consecutive values from the corresponding list. Values in each list are used in order from first to last, and each value is used exactly once. The total number of loop iterations is large enough to use up all the values from all the value lists. If a value list does not contain enough elements for each of its loop variables in each iteration, empty values are used for the missing elements. The break and continue statements may be invoked inside body, with the same effect as in the for command. Foreach returns an empty string. EXAMPLES
The following loop uses i and j as loop variables to iterate over pairs of elements of a single list. set x {} foreach {i j} {a b c d e f} { lappend x $j $i } # The value of x is "b a d c f e" # There are 3 iterations of the loop. The next loop uses i and j to iterate over two lists in parallel. set x {} foreach i {a b c} j {d e f g} { lappend x $i $j } # The value of x is "a d b e c f {} g" # There are 4 iterations of the loop. The two forms are combined in the following example. set x {} foreach i {a b c} {j k} {d e f g} { lappend x $i $j $k } # The value of x is "a d e b f g c {} {}" # There are 3 iterations of the loop. SEE ALSO
for(n), while(n), break(n), continue(n) KEYWORDS
foreach, iteration, list, looping Tcl foreach(n)