Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming New to C/gcc compiler - compile error. Post 302151124 by anish on Thursday 13th of December 2007 04:03:04 PM
Old 12-13-2007
[frat:/usr/bin]which gcc
/usr/bin/gcc
[frat:/usr/bin]./gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0
Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/bin/ld --disable-nls --enable-languages=c,c++ --prefix=/opt/freeware --enable-threads --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --host=powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0
Thread model: aix
gcc version 4.0.0
[frat:/usr/bin]

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't even compile my compiler!!!

I have two systems, both running solaris 2.5.1. the first is a test server and the other is the production box. On the test server I just compiled and installed php4, apache 1.3.17, and MySQL 3.23.32. when I tried to do it on the production box, nothing will compile and I get the following error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hotani
4 Replies

2. Programming

How to compile using gcc...

I need to know how to make a binary with gcc. I know how to create an obj file, but I'm not quite sure what to do about the linking part. I've gotten this far "gcc -c somefile.c somefile.o" then I'm left with an object file, but I don't see any linking command line options. Does anyone know how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilprogrammer
4 Replies

3. Programming

Error in compile C by gcc

Hi all, I compile my c program and get following result hrnpfc01.c:1387: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1387: parse error before `,' hrnpfc01.c:1388: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1388: parse error before `,' hrnpfc01.c:1396: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1396: parse error before... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zico
4 Replies

4. AIX

RS/6000 gcc compile large file error

hi, everybody£º i have a question, pls help me¡£ OS : RS/6000 AIX 4.3.3 cPU : Powerpc,POWER3 compiler : gcc 3.2.3 source file £º 8M OS kernel : 32 bit (selecting at installing operating system, the hardware support 64 bit) when i compiling the large source file (8 M), i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

gcc error..compiler cannot create executables

Hi I have locally compiled and installed gcc-4.1.2 in directory /usr/local/pkg/gcc/4.1.2/bin/gcc I want to compile beecrypt using this new compiler , So i have done setenv CC usr/local/pkg/gcc/4.1.2/bin/gcc ( Note this configuration is running properly with older version of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

./configure command Error while trying to install GCC compiler on unix machine

Hi, I need to install the GCC compiler on a my Linus machine. First step is to run the ./configure command and here we need to specify ./configure --target="target machine name (CPU type-Manufacturer-OS) or other way would be just give the command ./configure and it guesses the target name... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: viji19812001
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GCC compiler Ld fatal error

Hi all I'm trying to install sudo. When I first ran the sudo configure script it errored saying that I didn't have a C compiler. I have since installed the GCC 3.4.6 package for sol8 from sun freeware. Doing that resolved the no C complier found error. I was then getting an error saying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gcc g++ on cygwin - configure: error: *** A compiler with support for C++11 language features is req

Hi, Apologies if I posted it in a wrong section as it is related to gcc on cygwin. Please move it to appropriate section. I'm trying to compile and build libsigc++-2.10.2 on cygwin with gcc 8.3.0. when I run ./configure, I get this: I couldn't fully understand what does... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
13 Replies
MKDEP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  MKDEP(1)

NAME
mkdep -- construct Makefile dependency list SYNOPSIS
mkdep [-ap] [-f file] [flags] file ... DESCRIPTION
The mkdep utility takes a set of flags for the C compiler and a list of C source files as arguments and constructs a set of include file dependencies which are written into the file ``.depend''. An example of its use in a Makefile might be: CFLAGS= -O -I../include SRCS= file1.c file2.c depend: mkdep ${CFLAGS} ${SRCS} where the macro SRCS is the list of C source files and the macro CFLAGS is the list of flags for the C compiler. The user has the ability to change the preprocessor and preprocessor options used. For instance, to use gcc as the preprocessor and to ignore system headers, one would use depend: env MKDEP_CPP="gcc -E" MKDEP_CPP_OPTS=-MM mkdep ${CFLAGS} ${SRCS} The options are as follows: -a Append to the output file, so that multiple mkdep's may be run from a single Makefile. -f Write the include file dependencies to file, instead of the default ``.depend''. -p Cause mkdep to produce dependencies of the form: program: program.c so that subsequent makes will produce program directly from its C module rather than using an intermediate .o module. This is useful for programs whose source is contained in a single module. ENVIRONMENT
CC Specifies the C compiler to use. The specified compiler is expected to have options consistent with the GNU C compiler. MKDEP_CPP Specifies the preprocessor to use. The default is "${CC} -E". MKDEP_CPP_OPTS Specifies the non-CFLAGS options for the preprocessor. The default is "-M". FILES
.depend File containing list of dependencies. SEE ALSO
cc(1), cpp(1), make(1) HISTORY
The mkdep command appeared in 4.3BSD-Tahoe. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD