Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: set font size
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers set font size Post 302151099 by porter on Thursday 13th of December 2007 03:18:36 PM
Old 12-13-2007
Where are you echoing it to? What is the output device type? Is it a terminal? XWindows? Printer?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Font size

Hello all I am a new linux user (Redhat 7) and I am trying to learn how to operate the system. I have a couple problems one the font size for all windows withing the OS are too small and even though I found a couple places to configure font size I can't find where to change the font size for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elhefe
2 Replies

2. Solaris

font size printing

hi all , i was just wondering if i can specify the font size when i am printing from solaris . i am using solaris 9 and hp laserjet 1230 . i dont want to change the global variable for the printer driver . i just want to print a file with small font and the others with normal fonts . ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I enlarged the font size?

How can I enlarged the font size when I opened the pdf files with ghostscript or ghostview in solaris 8 for sparc. The font is so small that I can't see it!] Help me please! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_hand
0 Replies

4. Solaris

how to set font for Print

I want one help from you.I got one printer related task in which when user is printing some doc , Font size is big. He want to reduce the size.we are using SUN SOLARIS (Text Based - NON GUI) operation system. Can you tell me , what could be the reason and how to check default font size and style... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahuja_kishor
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Font Size when printing too big....

Hello, Can some please tell me how to change the font size when I print a document from SCO Unixware 7.1? :confused: The fonts are showing up too big when printing and part of the text is cut off on the edges of the documet... Any help is appreciated. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: George26
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Font size in VIM

Hello, I use VIM version 7.1.56 on Ubuntu OS. Can you tell me pls how can I change the font-size in VIM? Thanks, Iuli (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketchera
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Size

Hi All, Please can someone advise on how to change the font size of the output of a shell script. Best Regards, Shazin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Size in shell!

hi all,, is it possible to change the font size of the first line of text? i search it to internet but i have no luk. Ex. Line 1: HI Line 2: back to normal font size. THanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Increase Font size

Hi friends I want increase font size in linux can anybody help me plese Example:this is my in put Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 18G 2.5G 14G 15% / /dev/sda2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuibm
1 Replies
getpass(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       getpass(3C)

NAME
getpass, getpassphrase - read a string of characters without echo SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> char *getpass(const char *prompt); char *getpassphrase(const char *prompt); XPG4, SUS, SUSv2 #include <unistd.h> char *getpass(const char *prompt); DESCRIPTION
The getpass() function opens the process's controlling terminal, writes to that device the null-terminated string prompt, disables echoing, reads a string of characters up to the next newline character or EOF, restores the terminal state and closes the terminal. The getpassphrase() function is identical to getpass(), except that it reads and returns a string of up to 257 characters in length. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, getpass() returns a pointer to a null-terminated string of at most 9 bytes that were read from the terminal device. If an error is encountered, the terminal state is restored and a null pointer is returned. ERRORS
The getpass() and getpassphrase() functions may fail if: EINTR The function was interrupted by a signal. EIO The process is a member of a background process attempting to read from its controlling terminal, the process is ignoring or blocking the SIGTTIN signal or the process group is orphaned. EMFILE OPEN_MAX file descriptors are currently open in the calling process. ENFILE The maximum allowable number of files is currently open in the system. ENXIO The process does not have a controlling terminal. USAGE
The return value points to static data whose content may be overwritten by each call. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |getpass() is Standard. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 2 Sep 2003 getpass(3C)