Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Name Resolution between Solaris and Windows Post 302151055 by lbruun on Thursday 13th of December 2007 01:26:01 PM
Old 12-13-2007
Just a question: Could it be that your hostname has underscores in it ? Technically this is not allowed according to the defined standard for host names (RFC 952). Windows unfortunately allows it. Solaris has problems with it as far as I remember. If this is your problem then get rid of those underscores. They will only cause you problems.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris and windows

Hi All, If i install windows xp and solaris on the same machine(x86 platform) can both be running at the same time,even if i use vmware or virtual pc like that. Can I able to configure internet for solaris if i dont have a router and i directly connect to internet through cable modem. Can i... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10 Desktop resolution

I have a problem with solaris 10 desktop resolution. My resolution is 1680x1050. I want to boot in troubleshooting mode to change this resolution for the root user. Or all users. What is the configuration script. ex: .dtconfig/Xconfig (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simquest
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 name resolution question

As you can see by the following text, we have a multi-homed host defined in our network: bash-2.05# nslookup ldaptest Server: usat0x40.atd.gmeds.com Address: 10.1.14.14 Name: ldaptest.atd.gmeds.com Addresses: 10.1.16.142, 10.1.16.141 I turned off nscd (didn't think I needed to)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pzxkys
5 Replies

4. Solaris

NTFS under Solaris (switching from windows to Solaris server)

I want just to keep Solaris OS as my default OS . I have installed linux and windows as well but all my critical data is stored on NTFS partition so question is how to mount HDD with NTFS on Solaris (tried FUSE + NTFS-3g but that did`t worked for me system was down) And why Solaris does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Screen Resolution problem on Ultra 10 with Solaris 10

Hi, I have a Sun Ultra 10 (SPARC) with Solaris 10 installed. The screen resolution is very poor and grainy which I have been unable to rectify. Every time I try to set the resolution I get the following: 'The XServer does not support the XRandR extension. Runtime resolution changes to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
5 Replies

6. Solaris

SFTP from Solaris to Windows

Hello Guys, I was looking for a method for passwordless SFTP from Solaris to Windows server. I googled a lot, but could not find anything which would suit my purpose. All I found on google was the error messages that people got, but not how to do it. Please help. I am in urgent need of it. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
7 Replies

7. Solaris

X-Windows on Solaris

Hi, I am new to the X-windows concept. I am connecting to Solaris Server through putty. I heard we can start an X-windows session(GUI) of the Solaris server from putty session as well. Can somebody help as how to proceed to acheive this ? Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
8 Replies

8. Solaris

MS Windows XP to Solaris 10

I have a solaris box with no internet connection. I downloaded a .tar file to my XP box, burned it to CD and copied the file to a directory on the solaris box. When I try to untar it, i get a directory checksum error. I don't know enough about unix to figure this out. Can someone please help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncjbdwqer
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Changing dpi screen resolution in Solaris 10.

Hi, everyone! I would like to try OpenStep for Solaris on my Sun Ultra 10 machine, so I installed all required packages, the problem is that OpenStep requires screen DPI to be set to 72x72 while my current dpi is 90x90. So how do I change the dpi? Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nongrato
0 Replies
userdbck(1M)															      userdbck(1M)

NAME
userdbck - verify or fix information in the user database, /var/adm/userdb SYNOPSIS
[file] DESCRIPTION
verifies the information in the user database reports inconsistencies, and fixes problems. If no options and no arguments are specified, reports all data corruption problems in all files in If the option is also specified, each reported problem is repaired. If a file argument (hex 00-ff) is specified, only that file in the directory is verified. Options The following options are recognized: Verify attributes. Information in is used to report any attribute that is not valid, not allowed in the user database, has an invalid value, or is allowed only for a local user and the user is not in Normally when the user database is disabled (see userdb(4)), immediately exits without verifying or repairing the database. The option overrides this and forces to verify or repair the database. Verify user names. User names found in the database are reported if they do not exist in any of the repositories defined in This option could take a long time on a system with many users. Repair all data corruption problems that are found. If this option is not specified, problems are reported but not repaired. Notes Only users who have read and write access to can run RETURN VALUE
exits with one of the following values: success: no inconsistencies were found inconsistencies were found and fixed invalid usage database is disabled; see userdb(4) inconsistencies were found but not fixed, because the option was not specified a problem was found that could not be fixed EXAMPLES
In the following example, all problems in the user database are reported but not repaired. In the following example, all problems in file are reported and repaired. FILES
user database security defaults configuration file security attributes description file SEE ALSO
userdbget(1M), userdbset(1M), userdb_read(3), security(4), userdb(4). userdbck(1M)