Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting two files as a message in mail Post 302150879 by porter on Thursday 13th of December 2007 01:41:56 AM
Old 12-13-2007
Code:
cat file1 file2 | mail -s "the two files are" ali@unix.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get åäö in e-mail message body

First of all: Hi all, i´m a new unix user and i´m swedish so please bare with me. When i generate an e-mail on a unix server and send it through novell netware 5, i loose the swedish characters å, ä and ö in the body of the message, however they remain in the subject row. What to do? Anyone?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: de98luto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail message attachment not complete

Hi, I use MIME::Lite to send an e-mail with an attachment: $msg = MIME::Lite->new( From =>$usermail, To =>$tomail, Subject =>'Nieuw Pegasus Adresboek', Type =>'multipart/mixed' ); $msg->attach(Type =>'TEXT', Data =>$message ); $msg->attach(Type =>'text/plain', Path... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Mail message

Hi When I make change in crontab entries , I get below message as a mail. Can any one tell me what this indicates? ********************************************* From wlsdev05 Fri Sep 22 02:11:23 2006 Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 02:11:23 -0400 (EDT) From: "Geff Thomson - " <wlsdev05>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pick correct message and mail.

Hi, I have the following small script. How can I just print out the string with missing message and send to hotmail.com? Also, can i set the message a bit more beautiful such as "Dear All, the following list is missing in our system"? #!/bin/sh MSG=/log cat list11.txt | awk ' BEGIN { flag... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail with attachement as well as message Body..?

Hi all, i am working with CSH, i want to know that how to send a mail in UNIX shell script (CSH) with attachment as well as message body. i know that how to send a mail with attachment and message body. but i want know both things in a single mail Suggession would be appreciate. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Return mail message

Hi I would like to know how interpret line by line a return mail message sent by unix mailer-daemon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alcvrjo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail Message

Hi, Need a script bash,sh or perl doesn't metter, witch can read mail message text file and grep message body. Does it possible? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mirror
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Turn Off the Message [YOU HAVE NEW MAIL]

#!/bin/sh cd /u02/app/ccalloc/dev/in CURDIR=`pwd` echo directory listing of $CURDIR echo ls -latr i have a basic shell script that displays a specific files on a directory. when the script is run and it does not find the file in the directory it display a first line message of how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending multiple files along with mail message using uuencode

Hi, I have a requirement to send a mail with multiple files attached to it and along with the text message in the mail. I am trying sumthing like below but it only sends me the text message and no files attached to the mail. ---------------------------------------- ( uuencode file1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to extract a multiline subject from a mail message

I'm trying to extract a subject from a mail message but my subject example has 2 lines. How can I manage to extract it and write a string at the end of it? Consider this example: From: test@domain.com Subject: Re: U =?ISO-8859-1?Q?qu=EA=3F!=3F!=3F!!_wtff_=E7=E3o_=ED=F3?= ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: twisterbr
6 Replies
BUNDLE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 BUNDLE(1)

NAME
bundle - collect files for distribution SYNOPSIS
bundle file ... DESCRIPTION
Bundle writes on its standard output a shell script for rc(1) or a Bourne shell which, when executed, will recreate the original files. Its main use is for distributing small numbers of text files by mail(1). Although less refined than standard archives from ar(1) or tar(1), a bundle file is self-documenting and complete; little preparation is required on the receiving machine. EXAMPLES
bundle mkfile *.[ch] | mail kremvax!boris Send a makefile to Boris together with related and files. Upon receiving the mail, Boris may save the file sans postmark, say in gift/horse, then do cd gift; rc horse; mk SOURCE
/rc/bin/bundle SEE ALSO
ar(1), tar(1), mail(1) BUGS
Bundle will not create directories and is unsatisfactory for non-text files. Beware of gift horses. BUNDLE(1)