Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: boot error
Operating Systems AIX boot error Post 302150694 by prashantchavan on Wednesday 12th of December 2007 07:36:16 AM
Old 12-12-2007
boot error

Thanks 'dukessd' for replying.

I will check the with infocenter and the manual.

Thanks all.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot error

Hi, I'm getting this error when booting: " Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet" I got no idea what has been done to get it when the machine use to work fine. Put a new HDD in it, and installed Solaris 7 on it fine then when it goes to boot I get that error. It's a Sparc Station 5... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot error

Hey all, When loading a Sun Ultra 60 I got running Solaris 9 I get a error. This error will only happen when I have a external CD-RW drive attached. The error is; Failed to power up sd21, see your administrator or reboot I have rebooted and well I am the administrator for this machine.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
5 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error on boot up

VERY new to Unix here! I have a client with a unix machine(Sun Systems Unix system V Release 4.0) that gets an error on boot up. "7.e.1": Syntax error in tty mode Like I said, I new to Unix as this is my first time ever touching a Unix machine. So, I don't know if this is a major or minor... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlpierce04
0 Replies

5. SCO

stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot

hi SCO Unix 5.0.6 doesn't boot due to this problem: not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot Knows someone howto solve it? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
16 Replies

6. Solaris

error at boot solaris 10

Hi all, i have problem when booting my sun fire V240 with solaris 10. the errors are follow: ################################################################ Rebooting with command: boot Boot device: disk File and args: SunOS Release 5.10 Version Generic_125100-10 64-bit Copyright... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: faberarnold
0 Replies

7. Boot Loaders

Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key

Hello, I have kubuntu on my laptop and now I decided to switch to Windows 7. I made the bios settings properly (first choice is boot from cd\vd) but I see the error " reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key " I have tried CD and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Error after first boot OEL5.8

Server Model HP Proliant DL380P, Gen 8 Raid Controller= HP smart Array P420i Operating system Installation OEl5.8 On first boot after OS installation ERROR: Red Hat nash Version 5.119.6 starting -300.10.1.el5uek)' Mounting proc Filesystem Reading all physical volume this may take... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sohail Jafferi
1 Replies
CHECK-MODULE(1) 					      GNU Portability Library						   CHECK-MODULE(1)

NAME
check-module - program to check gnulib modules. SYNOPSIS
check-module [OPTIONS] FILE... DESCRIPTION
The GNU portability library is a macro system and C declarations and definitions for commonly-used API elements and abstracted system behaviors. It can be used to improve portability and other functionality in your programs. check-module reads a module description file and derives the set of files included directly by any .c or .h file listed in the `Files:' section. First, it takes the union of all such sets for any dependent modules. Then, it compares that set with the set derived from the names listed in the various Files: sections. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnulib@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
gnulib(1). AUTHOR
check-module was written by the Free Software Foundation and others (sources of various origins). This manual page was written by Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 0.0.20060601 2006-06-01 CHECK-MODULE(1)