Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Setting the delimiter
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Setting the delimiter Post 302150642 by porter on Wednesday 12th of December 2007 03:42:31 AM
Old 12-12-2007
IFS is the important delimiter variable. Not sure how you set it to being a tab though. Used for "read X Y Z" etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

from - to delimiter

hey guys can you please help me out, i'm having problem in cutting strings. I need a delimiter to cut string. sample a.txt "ID", "1234" , "iam bighippo", "help!" "ID", "1235" , "again0", "xxxxxxx1" "ID", "1236" , "again1", "xxxxxxx2" "ID", "1237" , "again2", "xxxxxxx3" how do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bighippo
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delimiter

I am having the following file. I need to insert a delimiter in this file. I used sed but its not working. AAABBB 9 JJJ AAABBC 9 TTTTT AAABBA 8 JJJ AAABBC 7 TTTTT AAABBC 6 TTTTT Now i want the output file as: AAA|BBB| |9| |JJJ| AAA|BBC| |9| | |TTTTT| (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivakumar.rj
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring based on delimiter, finding last delimiter

Hi, I have a string like ABC.123.XYZ-A1-B2-P1-C4. I want to delimit the string based on "-" and then get result as only two strings. One with string till last hyphen and other with value after last hyphen... For this case, it would be something like first string as "ABC.123.XYZ-A1-B2-P1" and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gupt_ash
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help regarding the delimiter

Hi, I am trying to load data from a file to oracle DB. The file am using has a ";" as a delimiter. While I load the file, I want to check whether the file is having the correct delimiter or not. if not, the file should not be processed. Is there any way that i could handle this scenario using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smileyreddy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut by delimiter, and delimiter can be anything except numbers?

Hi all, I have a number of strings like below: //mnt/autocor/43°13'(33")W/ and i'm trying to get the numbers in this string, for example 431333 please help thanks ahead (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get everything before the last delimiter?

hi all, i have a string with a number of "/"s as delimiter. and i want everything BEFORE the last delimiter i know to use basename to get everything after the last delimiter. thx a lot! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to put delimiter for a no delimiter variable length text file

Hi, I have a No Delimiter variable length text file with following schema - Column Name Data length Firstname 5 Lastname 5 age 3 phoneno1 10 phoneno2 10 phoneno3 10 sample data - ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gaurav Martha
16 Replies

8. Solaris

Is there a difference between setting a user as nologin and setting it as a role?

Trying to figure out the best method of security for oracle user accounts. In Solaris 10 they are set as regular users but have nologin set forcing the dev's to login as themselves and then su to the oracle users. In Solaris11 we have the option of making it a role because RBAC is enabled but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: os2mac
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Code to change file delimiter (passed as argument) to bar delimiter

Hi, Extremely new to Perl scripting, but need a quick fix without using TEXT::CSV I need to read in a file, pass any delimiter as an argument, and convert it to bar delimited on the output. In addition, enclose fields within double quotes in case of any embedded delimiters. Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPB1977
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use multiple delimiter?

How to split 2:6..5 in to separate columns (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadela
7 Replies
XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)										 XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)

NAME
XmTabListInsertTabs -- A convenience function that inserts tabs into a tab list SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> XmTabList XmTabListInsertTabs( XmTabList oldlist, XmTab *tabs, Cardinal tab_count, int position); DESCRIPTION
XmTabListInsertTabs creates a new tab list that includes the tabs in oldlist. This function copies specified tabs to the tab list at the given position. The first tab_count tabs of the tabs array are added to the tab list. If oldlist is NULL, XmTabListInsertTabs creates a new tab list containing only the tabs specified. oldlist Specifies the tab list to add the tabs to. The function deallocates oldlist after extracting the required information. tabs Specifies a pointer to the tabs to be added to the tab list. It is the caller's responsibility to free the tabs in tabs by using XmTabFree. tab_count Specifies the number of tabs in tabs. position Specifies the position of the first new tab in the tab list. A value of 0 (zero) makes the first new tab the first tab in the tab list, a value of 1 makes it the second tab, and so on. If position is greater than the number of tabs in oldlist, then the tabs will be inserted at the end. If position is negative, the count will be backwards from the end. A value of -1 makes the first new tab the last tab, and so on. RETURN
If tabs is NULL or tab_count is 0 (zero), this function returns oldlist. Otherwise, it returns a new tab list. The function allocates space to hold the returned tab list. The application is responsible for managing the allocated space. The application can recover the allocated space by calling XmTabListFree. RELATED
XmTabList(3) and XmTabListFree(3). XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)