Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Kernel source not found. (can't install network card drivers) Post 302150489 by Virtuality on Tuesday 11th of December 2007 04:20:45 PM
Old 12-11-2007

kernel-source-2.6.18-5-686 doesn't exist outside of repositories that apt-get uses.

I can not use apt-get, therefore I can not obtain kernel-source-2.6.18-5-686. That's the problem.

I'd love to install it and I've been TRYING to, except I have to actually get the file first, I've searched every repository on the internet and nothing.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Hp Laserjet 4600 jetdirct card printr drivers

Iam facing dificulty in installing hp color laserjet 4600 printer in IBM-AIX 5.1. Where i can find a drivers for this printer ,Or pls suggest me another way to get it install this printer Thanx Ravi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravikantchavan
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to install the Network Card

Hi, After I installed Solaris 10 in the Intel platform (chipset 865*) network card was not detected, were shall I get this driver? iam new to Solaris. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravin_2929
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Ethernet card drivers issue...

I need to install ethernet card drivers on intel machine. How can i know which Ethernet card interface (sfe,rh,rtls...) is it? How can i know the speed of that card? How can i know network traffic ? If network traffic is more with that interface what should i do? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Network card drivers for solaris?

Hi all, i have configured my solaris 5 .10 for internet connection by editing the files /etc/hosts/,/etc/resolve.config,/etc/defalutrouter and nsswitchconfig . during installation i was not requested for ip adddress even i plugged network cable. am i need to install any network card... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install a network card

Hey guys, Sorry, this question might look stupid but I have no idea how to install a network card. My server is a Dell PowerEdge T105 with Debian 5.0 Lenny. My network card is a Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5722 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express. I've plugged the card innside my server and I can see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install kernel source?

During installation of one of driver i needed to Remove any earlier version drivers using make clean -r command. Where i m getting following error. # make clean -r Kernel source is not installed make: *** Error 1 My kernel version # uname -r 2.6.18-128.2.1.4.9.el5xen Where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
4 Replies
AXNET_CS(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       AXNET_CS(4)

NAME
axnet_cs - Asix AX88190 chipset PCMCIA Ethernet Driver SYNOPSIS
insmod axnet_cs.o [pc_debug=n] [irq_list=i,j,...] DESCRIPTION
Axnet_cs is a driver for PCMCIA ethernet cards based on the Asix AX88190 chipset. These cards are mostly NE2000 compatible but have sev- eral bugs that are sufficiently tricky to work around that a separate driver was deemed necessary. When this driver is bound to a card, it allocates the next available ethernet device (eth0..eth#). This device name will be reported in the kernel log file, and passed on to cardmgr(8). PARAMETERS
pc_debug=n Selects the PCMCIA debugging level. This parameter is only available if the module is compiled with debugging enabled. A non-zero value enables debugging. irq_list=i,j,... Specifies the set of interrupts that may be allocated by this driver. DIAGNOSTICS
axnet_cs: this is not an AX88190 card! Indicates that this card is probably a normal NE2000 compatible card, which requires the pcnet_cs driver. eth#: interrupt(s) dropped! Indicates that the driver did not receive an interrupt notification for some reason. The driver will poll the card (with a signifi- cant performance penalty) if the problem persists. The most likely cause is an interrupt conflict and/or host bridge configuration problem. AUTHOR
David Hinds - dahinds@users.sourceforge.net SEE ALSO
cardmgr(8), pcmcia(5). pcmcia-cs 2001/08/17 12:51:58 AXNET_CS(4)