Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Copy command in Aix for Symbolic Links Post 302150460 by porter on Tuesday 11th of December 2007 03:14:26 PM
Old 12-11-2007
Alternatively tar up the directory and then untar it. Similarly cpio would do the trick.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding symbolic links

How can I find all symbolic links across the network to a directory (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehtad
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic Links for a File

how do i get the list of symbolic link names for a particular file programatically (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_u_n_1234
4 Replies

3. AIX

Symbolic Links

I am linking a directory as follows: ln -sf /home/xxx/userid/real_files/* /home/xxx/userid/linked_files This gives me symbolic links for all the files in the real_files directory in the linked_files directory. My question is, if I go and remove a file in the real_files directory and then go... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcarnesiii
1 Replies

4. AIX

IHS 6.1 on AIX - problem with symlinks / symbolic links / softlinks

Hello, I got an IHS 6.1 installed and want to publish a directory with an index of files, directories and symlinks / symbolic links / soft links, last ones being created with the usual Unix command "ln -s .... ....". In httpd.conf I've tried following for that directory: Options Indexes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic Links

Hi all, I have scoured the entire forum for this but to no avail unfortunately. Basically, I would like to remove my symbolic link from my folder name i.e. foldername -> /a/b/c/d/f where f is indeed a folder. I have tried rmdir but this does not work and in actual fact deletes the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissioning for symbolic links

I've just started using UNIX in a Linux vmplayer. I'm trying to run the command: ln -s `pwd`/$1 `python -c "from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib; print get_python_lib()"`/$1 in a script from an online tutorial, but I keep getting an error message: ln: creating symbolic link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChipT
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic links in UNIX

Hi, I have a file with more than 1 layers of soft links for it. For ex. ls -la .profile .profile@ -> /home/act/.profile_abc ls -la /home/act/.profile_abc@ -> .profile_final I want to get the name of the last file (i.e. .profile_final) when I refer to .profile using shell script. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy symbolic links from one server to another

Hello Friends, My problem is really annoying, i need your help. Like a rookie i made a mistake and overrite /lib directory of an application to lib directory of OS! Hopefully its test system :D I have transferred all the /lib directory from a same operating system of another server using scp... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
11 Replies

9. Solaris

Symbolic links

Soft link,Hard link brief explanation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RAJU KAVATI
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to copy original files from links in HP-UX

I have folder ABC and files in ABC are links. I want to create the same ABC folder in different path and copy the actual files from source ABC dir. Can anyone provide command for this? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatababu
2 Replies
NCOPY(1)							       ncopy								  NCOPY(1)

NAME
ncopy - NetWare file copy SYNOPSIS
ncopy -V ncopy [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] file destinationfile|directory ncopy [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] file1 [ file2 ... ] directory ncopy -r [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] srcdir dstdir DESCRIPTION
With ncopy you can copy files to different locations on a single NetWare file server without generating excess network traffic. The pro- gram uses a NetWare function to do the copy rather than transferring the file across the network for both the read and write. If the last argument is a directory, ncopy will copy the source file(s) into the directory. If only two files are given and the last argu- ment is not a directory, it will copy the source file to the destination file. If the source and destination files are not on the same NetWare server (or are not on NetWare servers at all), ncopy will do a normal file copy. OPTIONS
-V Show version number and exit -v Verbose copy. Will show current file and percentage completion. -m Copy MAC resource fork. Copies MAC resource fork together with data fork. -M Copy MAC resource fork to/from non-MAC filesystem. It expects/creates resource forks in subdirectory .rsrc of each directory copied. If you want to copy files from MAC volume to .rsrc scheme, you must specify both options, -mM. It is not possible to create .rsrc direc- tory on MAC-aware volume in one step, you must first copy data to non-MAC media using ncopy -mM and then copy them back using ncopy -M. If you want to copy files from .rsrc scheme on MAC volume to real MAC multiple-forks file, you must first copy data to non-MAC filesys- tem using ncopy -M and then copy them back using ncopy -mM. -n Nice NetWare copy. Will sleep for a second between copying blocks on the NetWare server. Gives other people a chance to do some work on the NetWare server when you are copying large files. This has no effect if you are not copying on a NetWare server. -s amount Nice time slice factor. Used in conjunction with the -n option, this specifies the number of 100K blocks to copy before sleeping. Default is 10. (1 Megabyte) -p Preserve file attributes and date/time during copy. -pp Preserve file attributes, date/time and owner during copy. Name of owner is preserved, not owner ID. -t Preserve trustees during copy. Trustee name is preserved, not ID. -r Perform recursive copy. -u Perform copy only if mtime or size differs. BUGS
ncopy does not preserve long (MAC, NFS, FTAM, OS2) names during copy. SEE ALSO
ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
ncopy was written by Brian G. Reid (breid@tim.com) and Tom C. Henderson (thenderson@tim.com). Many thanks to Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) for the ncpfs and ncplib which made ncopy possible. Some further work was done by Petr Vandrovec (van- drove@vc.cvut.cz). ncopy 17/03/1996 NCOPY(1)