Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System to learn on.
Operating Systems HP-UX System to learn on. Post 302150134 by offline on Monday 10th of December 2007 09:18:14 AM
Old 12-10-2007
System to learn on.

Hello all!

I have recently picked up a contract job doing system administration. I was told it was primarily a Linux Red Hat shop but when I started I found out was about 60% HP-UX. I have very little HP-UX experience. I need to get an affordable HP-UX box to learn on. Any suggestions on what would be a good starter system? I do not have a clue on what system to buy. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris Edwards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where to Learn About HP-UX

can someone give me the link to any site that deals on HP-UX system administration?? Please do not refer me to buy or borrow any books, i just need a free site to learn some quick info from (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to learn!

Hiya, yes im new to all of this! But want to learn how to use Unix etc, iv been thinking about doin a course but desided im better off learning by my self with help from the people who really no what there doin...you guys! I can install Linux, like redhat, mandrake, susie server edition and so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: epic.admin
5 Replies

3. Programming

Learn C or C++

Hi, Apologies if this question has been asked before. I would like to know which language is better to learn in terms of programming in unix? is C dying out and being replaced by C++ or is it a combination of the 2 or just mainly C? Thanks C19 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

want to learn unix

Hi, I am a new joinee.i want to know completely about unix.could you give me some links or soft copies so that i can be good at subject. thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanp
5 Replies

5. AIX

learn Aix system for beginner

hey guys, i am a beginner and would like to learn aix system administrator. I dont know where can i get this software to download or to buy. I wants to be certified on this system but dont know where to go from here and learn them...I am from dallas,tx but there is no school here that i can go and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxsonny
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Want to Learn HP-UX!

What's the best free system to learn HP-UX on? The closest system, hardware requirements and installation instructions. I'm a newbie but determined. Any tips would be great. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: networkguy
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to learn Solaris?

Dear friends, I have always been facinated by this operating system and didn't have the chance to get a hand on it. Now I have decided to take it seriously and learn it. What do you guys recommend for me? Books, tutorials, forums like this etc. And which one would be the best, I have dowloaded a... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
27 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to learn

Hi I know only basics of UNIX and i want to know that how can i become a good troubleshooter in unix adminstartion or shell scripting.... i am just a newbie to Unix ..i do not have programming skills as well. Your suggestions are welecomed. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nattynitin
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Learn Linux File System and Device Drivers

I am to start working on two project on Linux Device Drivers and other on File System. So I got the book "Understanding Linux Kernel" by Daniel and Marco. But I am confused as how to proce Will anybody pls let me know how to go to about studying the chapter in this book? I mean the order in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shefalibv
1 Replies

10. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
RHN_REGISTER(8) 						   Red Hat, Inc.						   RHN_REGISTER(8)

NAME
rhn_register - Connect to RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhn_register [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn_register is a client program that registers your system with Red Hat Network Classic (or a RHN Satellite). After registering, your sys- tem can receive software updates, install new software, and remotely manage your system. It can run both in graphical and text modes. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --nox Run in text mode. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHN_REGISTER(8)