Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers training unix set up for a p.c. Post 302149903 by rubin on Saturday 8th of December 2007 08:24:48 PM
Old 12-08-2007
Install VMware player for windows ( free download from VMware: Virtualization, Virtual Machine & Virtual Server Consolidation - VMware) and then from the same site download their many free unix / linux appliances.

* You need to have a good PC ( minimum 512 MB RAM ) to run VMware.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Fundamentals - Training

Does anyone know of some companies in the United States, preferably close to Utah that teach a crash course like for a week on UNIX fundamentals? I have looked everywhere on the net for such places, but have yet to find such a company. Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quintak
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Training

Hello all, I am probably the newest newb in here and would really appreciate some (as much as possible) help on learning UNIX. If anyone is familiar with any non boot camp schools in the NY area, preferrably instructor-led, please refer me to a link or list them in a reply. Also, any information on... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: syrixx
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix training Video's

Hello any body knows a website that can Purchase and download Video training for unix ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wickedsoul
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Training?

At work I have to restart applications and install upgrades to applications running on Solaris 10. Its pretty basic stuff but I have little experience of Unix so it can be a bit hairy at times. Work have offered to send me on some training but I have to select the course/training. I'm not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Training-where, when etc.

I'm being asked to go and take a training course in Advanced Unix and Perl. The main reason is the amount of information needed to get up to speed a short period of time, which is what we're limited on. Travel is fine. Can anyone suggest a good resource for researching the where and when for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gavineq
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/solaris training

I am new to UNIX and somewhat familiar with Solaris. Can you suggest any good (simple English) books that can help me with understanding and learning UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic UNIX Training

I'm wondering where a good place to start is for basic UNIX training. Due to a shift of responsibilities at work, I am now the admin for a product called AutoSys. I have close to zero knowledge in the subject area. :wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cjw_55106
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix online training

Hi, I am very new to unix shell scripting.I want to learn shell scripting to a moderate level. could any one of you suggest me who can give an online training on unix shell scripting . I am opting for online training as I am working in day hours . If any experts here are giving any online... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhu_kumar
2 Replies
VMXNET3(9)							   Open VM Tools							VMXNET3(9)

NAME
vmxnet3 - vmware kernel module SYNOPSIS
modprobe vmxnet3 DESCRIPTION
This is a Linux kernel device driver module that drives VMware's second fast networking device. As it is backed by real (virtual) hardware, it should be automatically loaded by hotplug or udev as needed. Unlike the older 'vmxnet' hardware, the 'vmxnet3' hardware does not morph and as such the modprobe-related logic isn't necessary. SEE ALSO
vmware-checkvm(1) vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) vmware-xferlogs(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmblock(9) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmxnet3 and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMXNET3(9)