Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem about SMTP 'QUIT' command Post 302149818 by hcliff on Friday 7th of December 2007 08:13:57 PM
Old 12-07-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysgate
that's interesting, the data size is 2788, but quit is being issued two minutes later. Is this an reoccurring behavior ? What is the MTA, is this exim ?
This kind of delay shows often in my MTA log. Sometimes it takes several minutes. I coded receiving MTA by myself. I am not sure what is sending MTA.

I am wondering what does the sending MTA do before 'QUIT'.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to quit from glance

hi, if i am in glance, how do i exit? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

quit any time

how can i read input to quit any time, for instance "type q to quit" I have a script like this echo "The first choice" read firstChoice echo "The second choice" read secondChoice Looking for a code to quit any time by pressing q to quit any help would be appreciated thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Qwond
5 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Restrict SMTP Command

Hello , I want to restrict following SMTP command . · DEBUG · WIZ · KILL Any idea for this ? - AVK (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avklinux
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem tring to enable smtp service

People I'm trying to enable de smtp services of a solaris 10 and i get this sendmail: daemon MTA-v4: problem creating SMTP socket sendmail: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): opendaemonsocket: daemon MTA-v4: server SMTP socket wedged: exiting Anyone Knows what is bad? Thank for your time ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enkei17
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

if no file then quit

I have a script that run several subscripts. I need to find out how to do two things. First I would like to check for a file and if that file is not there I want to quit the entire script without running the rest of the script which contain subscripts. If the file is there, I want it to continue... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: libertyforall
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to quit from vi editor

Hi Folks I have opened a log file in Vi editor vi abc.logPlease advise me how to finally quit from Vi editor, which command is there..! Is it :q<Enter> (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KAREENA18
1 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

[Template] Send SMTP email with Visual Basic Script (vbs) from Command Prompt using CDO

This is a script in visual basic that basically sends an email from an existing account, in this case the example is provided for live.com. It uses CDO (Collaboration Data Objects). All you need to do is replace the fields with the proper information. The email is send from Command Prompt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to quit out of for loop.

Hi, Here is my code to send read.txt to three servers. col="prd167.mybank.com prd168.mybank.com bsprd169.mybank.com" set -A look $col for IndixList in ${look}; do scp /tmp/read.txt admin@$IndixList:/tmp done This works and all the 3 servers gets the read.txt file. However,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Are you sure you want to quit Safari?

Hmmm. I cannot figure out where to disable this warning message in Safari. Google says to disable something in Safari Tabs preferences but my Macs do not have that option in Mojave. Anyone know how to disable the following so when I quit Safari it simply quits without the "freeze the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
12 Replies
MAILWRAPPER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    MAILWRAPPER(8)

NAME
mailwrapper -- invoke appropriate MTA software based on configuration file SYNOPSIS
Special. See below. DESCRIPTION
Once upon time, the only Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) software easily available was ``sendmail''. This famous MTA was written by Eric Allman and first appeared in 4.1BSD. The legacy of this MTA affected most Mail User Agents (MUAs) such as mail(1); the path and calling conventions expected by ``sendmail'' were compiled in. But times changed. On a modern NetBSD system, the administrator may wish to use one of several available MTAs. It would be difficult to modify all MUA software typically available on a system, so most of the authors of alternative MTAs have written their front end message submission programs that may appear in the place of /usr/sbin/sendmail, but still follow the same calling conventions as ``sendmail''. The ``sendmail'' MTA also typically has aliases named mailq(1) and newaliases(1) linked to it. The program knows to behave differently when its argv[0] is ``mailq'' or ``newaliases'' and behaves appropriately. Typically, replacement MTAs provide similar functionality, either through a program that also switches behavior based on calling name, or through a set of programs that provide similar functionality. Although having replacement programs that plug replace ``sendmail'' helps in installing alternative MTAs, it essentially makes the configura- tion of the system depend on hand installing new programs in /usr. This leads to configuration problems for many administrators, since they may wish to install a new MTA without altering the system provided /usr. (This may be, for example, to avoid having upgrade problems when a new version of the system is installed over the old.) They may also have a shared /usr among several machines, and may wish to avoid placing implicit configuration information in a read-only /usr. The mailwrapper program is designed to replace /usr/sbin/sendmail and to invoke an appropriate MTA based on configuration information placed in /etc/mailer.conf. This permits the administrator to configure which MTA is to be invoked on the system at run time. EXIT STATUS
mailwrapper exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. FILES
Configuration for mailwrapper is kept in /etc/mailer.conf. /usr/sbin/sendmail is typically set up as a symlink to mailwrapper which is not usually invoked on its own. DIAGNOSTICS
mailwrapper will print a diagnostic if its configuration file is missing or malformed, or does not contain a mapping for the name under which it was invoked. SEE ALSO
mail(1), mailq(1), newaliases(1), postfix(1), mailer.conf(5) HISTORY
The mailwrapper program appeared in NetBSD 1.4. AUTHORS
Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com> BUGS
The entire reason this program exists is a crock. Instead, a command for how to submit mail should be standardized, and all the ``behave differently if invoked with a different name'' behavior of things like mailq(1) should go away. BSD
April 10, 2010 BSD