Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Calculating changes in non-contiguous data Post 302149805 by figaro on Friday 7th of December 2007 04:53:34 PM
Old 12-07-2007
Thank you for your response. Would appreciate an ANSI compliant method for portability purposes.
I have also thought about a procedural method, whereby the data is read into an array and sorted from there. Not too appealing either, prefer pure SQL.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculating a number

Hello all :) I need some help; I'm running the sp_spaceused command on various tables and saving the output to a file. So, I have an input file that has 3 rows - each row has 7 columns. I would like to 1) sort the file on the 4th column, 2) take the 4th column in the first row and add 25% to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonolith
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

will a new file be contiguous on my drive?

Say I am creating a new file on UNIX, how can I find out if it is contiguous on disk? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculating in MB

hi all, have got a ksh script which tries to monitor memory usage of app servers. i do a ps -0 rss -p <PID> to get the memory size in KB but when i divide by 1024 to convert to MB i dont know how to round it up ?? thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculating average

Hi, i have 12 float variables in a bash file and i want to calculate the average of them. Can any body help? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: limadario
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating using date

I need to help to calculating using date in a script. One application is licensed by date, some month at a time. I can read the date from system and get an output like this: echo $status 6A34 System4 01.01.11-31.01.11 My goal is to use license date 31.01.11 and subtract todays date... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating the epoch time from standard time using awk and calculating the duration

Hi All, I have the following time stamp data in 2 columns Date TimeStamp(also with milliseconds) 05/23/2012 08:30:11.250 05/23/2012 08:30:15.500 05/23/2012 08:31.15.500 . . etc From this data I need the following output. 0.00( row1-row1 in seconds) 04.25( row2-row1 in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding contiguous numbers in a list but with a gap number tolerance

Dear all, I have a imput file like this imput scaffold_0 10558458 10558459 1.8 scaffold_0 10558464 10558465 1.75 scaffold_0 10558467 10558468 1.8 scaffold_0 10558468 10558469 1.71428571428571 scaffold_0 10558469... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: valente
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating sum

Hi all, I have the following code in a shell script. Code: if then echo "##" echo "##" echo "##################################" for fn in `find "$1" -maxdepth 1 -iname \*"$2"* -type f` do echo "$fn" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveendronavall
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculating average

Hi I have file like below 111,victor,48,12,36 342,Peter,54,58,30 476,Scott,25,36,48 567,Patty,74,17,95 I have written below code to calcualte avereage for every id Victor = 48+12+36/3 #!/bin/ksh /usr/xpg4/bin/awk ' BEGIN {FS=","} {sum=0; n=0;i=3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stew
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping and Calculating

Hi All, I want to read the input file and store the output in the Output file. I pasted the sample Input and Output file below. Help me with this. Input file ================================= ITEM1 AAAAA 1 ITEM1 BBBBB 1 ITEM1 CCCCC 1 ITEM2 AAAAA 5 ITEM2 CCCCC 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: humaemo
1 Replies
QSqlDriverPlugin(3qt)													     QSqlDriverPlugin(3qt)

NAME
QSqlDriverPlugin - Abstract base for custom QSqlDriver plugins SYNOPSIS
#include <qsqldriverplugin.h> Public Members QSqlDriverPlugin () ~QSqlDriverPlugin () virtual QStringList keys () const = 0 virtual QSqlDriver * create ( const QString & key ) = 0 DESCRIPTION
The QSqlDriverPlugin class provides an abstract base for custom QSqlDriver plugins. The SQL driver plugin is a simple plugin interface that makes it easy to create your own SQL driver plugins that can be loaded dynamically by Qt. Writing a SQL plugin is achieved by subclassing this base class, reimplementing the pure virtual functions keys() and create(), and exporting the class with the Q_EXPORT_PLUGIN macro. See the SQL plugins that come with Qt for example implementations (in the plugins/src/sqldrivers subdirectory of the source distribution). Read the plugins documentation for more information on plugins. See also Plugins. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QSqlDriverPlugin::QSqlDriverPlugin () Constructs a SQL driver plugin. This is invoked automatically by the Q_EXPORT_PLUGIN macro. QSqlDriverPlugin::~QSqlDriverPlugin () Destroys the SQL driver plugin. You never have to call this explicitly. Qt destroys a plugin automatically when it is no longer used. QSqlDriver * QSqlDriverPlugin::create ( const QString & key ) [pure virtual] Creates and returns a QSqlDriver object for the driver key key. The driver key is usually the class name of the required driver. See also keys(). QStringList QSqlDriverPlugin::keys () const [pure virtual] Returns the list of drivers (keys) this plugin supports. These keys are usually the class names of the custom drivers that are implemented in the plugin. See also create(). SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qsqldriverplugin.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2001 Trolltech AS, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qsqldriverplugin.3qt) and the Qt version (3.1.1). Trolltech AS 9 December 2002 QSqlDriverPlugin(3qt)