Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Korne Shell Problem.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Korne Shell Problem. Post 302149319 by porter on Wednesday 5th of December 2007 03:30:57 PM
Old 12-05-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by marconi
find * -type f -type d -path usr
That looks awful.

I thought you would be doing...

Code:
echo "Enter filename...."
read WANTED
find "$HOME" -type f -name "$WANTED"

The first argument to find should be directory to search in, the wildcard is a blunderbuss that will pickup all kinds of debris.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell problem

&& set -x && echo "enter tablespace_end_backup" >&2 Can you tell me what's mean above? thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lee
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korne Script for format file

Hi All, I am not too familiar with Korne script so I need as much help as possible on this ;) What I want to do is: from the excel file on my computer, I want to take certain field from this xls file and put it in txt or cvs format in specific width column. Then fpt this file into the server. ... (51 Replies)
Discussion started by: CamTu
51 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailing in Korne shell

All Iam using Korne shell in AIX OS. Can u give me the syntax to send a mail. Thanx in advance Regards Deepak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

GOTO LOOP in KORNE SHELL

All Please help to provide "goto" functionality in KORN shell script. ex: 1: Command Process some command if check some variable true goto 1 else process some other Please help to implement this example in korne... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in shell

hi, can any one tell a solution for the following : I want to append 10 spaces and a string say "ok" to 12 digit number which is stored in a varialbe & display using shell script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sandeep Kale
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixed Length records- Korne Shell Program.

Hi, I need some help regarding in writing a Korne shell script, in determining the fixed length records in a data file. We have already utility in place, which does this work. The Code for this is as below. In the below $1 is the parameter passed to the script, which is the data file name. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrajesh_2009
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some Problem with Korne Shell//

I am new to Korne Shell Scripting. Can someone help me with a Korne Shell which asks the user :- 1) to enter the name of a file when searching it recursively (using the find command) in the home directory of this user. 2) for a date (format AAMMJJ) and a directory and then searches ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korne Shell...

In Korne Shell Scripting, how to search recursively in a directory, the list of files modified after a given date .. Thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding modified File List after the chosen date in Korne Shell...

I am trying to write a Korne Shell asking the user for a date and a directory and then search recursively in this directory the list of files modified after the date chosen. But I am not getting good results when I Test it... #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "Enter a date (YYYYMMDD) " read date touch -t... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with if in shell

Hi, My sheel script has below statement: if; then When I run iam getting the below error: -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `then' What is wrong with that statement: Plz help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep_script
2 Replies
hal-find(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      hal-find(1M)

NAME
hal-find, hal-find-by-capability, hal-find-by-property - search HAL global device list SYNOPSIS
hal-find-by-capability --capability capability [--help] [--verbose] [--version] hal-find-by-property --key key --string value [--help] [--verbose] [--version] DESCRIPTION
The hal-find commands, hal-find-by-capability and hal-find-by-property, search the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) device list by speci- fied criteria and displays results on the standard output. hal-find-by-capability searches by capability, such as volume or block. hal- find-by-property searches by property, such as block.is_volume or volume.disc.has_audio. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --capability capability HAL device capability to search for. --help Display list of options. --key key The key to the property that is the basis of the search. --string value The string value associated with the property that is the basis of the search. --verbose Verbose mode. --version Display version and exit. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhalr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hald(1M), attributes(5), hal(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Aug 2006 hal-find(1M)