Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to run on a router
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to run on a router Post 302149192 by moutaz1983 on Wednesday 5th of December 2007 08:17:52 AM
Old 12-05-2007
Script to run on a router

I want to make a Perl script to telnet to a router and apply commands, and get the output of the commands in a file.

Can any one help me in that?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router?

I set up remote printing on a clients Unix server to my Windows XP USB printer. My USB printer is connected directly to my PC (no print server and no network input on printer). With my Win XP PC connected to my cable modem (without the router), i can do lp -dhp842c /etc/hosts and it prints. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl telnet to router run commands from file

I have a perl script that is called with a router name command list file and output file. The command file can be very large, up to 3k of commands. At first I dumped the command list file to an array and ran the entire file on the router and captured the output. It worked ok for a command list in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: numele
1 Replies
telnetrc(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       telnetrc(4)

NAME
telnetrc, .telnetrc - Specifies setup commands for a telnet session SYNOPSIS
$HOME/.telnetrc DESCRIPTION
The .telnetrc file contains the setup information for a telnet session. It is a hidden file in your home directory and must be readable by the user logging in. The file can consist of multiple entries for each remote host to which a user can connect. A remote host entry consists of multiple lines. The first line is the name of a remote host. The subsequent lines must begin with blank spaces, and contain telnet subcommands. These sub- commands are processed as though they were typed in manually. Lines beginning with a number sign (#) are comment lines. See telnet(1) for a complete list of telnet subcommands. To specify subcommands that apply to all systems, create an entry, using the word "DEFAULT" as the system name, and specify the telnet sub- commands in the subsequent lines. EXAMPLES
The following shows a sample .telnetrc file: # Beginning of telnetrc file # Default subcommands that apply to all systems DEFAULT environ undefine USER # First system entry system1 set echo toggle crlf # Second system entry system2 set echo mode line toggle crlf FILES
User-customized telnet startup values. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: telnet(1). delim off telnetrc(4)