Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: installing flash player
Operating Systems Solaris installing flash player Post 302148827 by reborg on Monday 3rd of December 2007 09:41:58 PM
Old 12-03-2007
Sorry, you misundersood my question. I asked where Firefox was downloaded from. Without knowing the layout of what you installed it is not possble to know where the correct system-wide plugin directory is located. There are several different builds of Firefox available, from Mozilla (contributed builds), from SunFreeware and from Blastwave to mention a few, the directory structure of each is different.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Flash Player

I am completely new to Unix and have a quick question... I have a client that wants me to develop Flash Commercials and Presentations. My question is, does the Linux Flash Player work on the Unix platform? Thanks in advance for your responses! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tbgfinancial
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Flash player in Firefox

Hey people Newly installed Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron (64-bit) on my PC. The problem is that I can't get Adobe Flash Player working in Firefox 3 Beta 5. I have tried many online guides, but none of them worked for me. Anyone knows how to make this work? I remember that I got it to work with a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sixmax
3 Replies

3. SuSE

Problem with flash player

Hi All Im using Redhat Linux enterprise editon 4.0 When ever i open firefox, i get a msg saying that "Install missing plugins" When i click that macromedi flash player is downloaded. And after i install flash player also, in fireforx i get the same message Pls help me (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: balumankala
11 Replies

4. Solaris

how can i install flash player

:( i download flashplayer for solaris ;but i couldnt install for firefox;please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buketbarazi
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Looking for alternative to flash player plugin

I am looking for an alternative for adobe flash player plugin to solaris firefox browser since adobe no longer supports it in solaris. Could someone tell me if there is one. :o:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Flash player

hello, i have downloaded flash player as tar.gz,i dont know how to copy files and paste it to usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/ , i have download it in my downloads. plz help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lee win
1 Replies
Module::Starter::Plugin(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Module::Starter::Plugin(3pm)

NAME
Module::Starter::Plugin -- how Module::Starter plugins work DESCRIPTION
This document is a guide to writing plugins for Module::Starter. Currently, as is evident, it isn't very comprehensive. It should provide enough information for writing effective plugins, though. After all, Module::Starter's guts are nice and simple. "Module::Starter->import" Module::Starter provides an import method, the arguments to which are plugins, in the order in which they should be loaded. If no plugins are given, Module::Starter::Simple (and only Module::Starter::Simple) is loaded. By default, the given modules are required and arranged in an is-a chain. That is, Module::Starter subclasses the last plugin given, which subclasses the second-to-last, up to the first plugin given, which is the base class. If a plugin provides a "load_plugins" method, however, the remaining plugins to be loaded are passed to that method, which is responsible for loading the rest of the plugins. This architecture suggests two kinds of plugins: engine plugins An engine is a plugin that stands alone, implementing the public "create_distro" method and all the functionality required to carry out that implementation. The only engine included with Module::Starter is Module::Starter::Simple, and I'm not sure any more will be seen in the wild any time soon. plain old plugins Other plugins are designed to subclass an engine and alter its behavior, just as a normal subclass alters its parent class's. These plugins may add features to Module::Starter engines, or may just provide general APIs for other plugins to exploit (like Module::Starter::Plugin::Template.) The template plugin is a simple example of a plugin that alters an engine to accept further plugins. Other plugins like template will probably be written in the near future, and plugins that exploit the API provided by Module::Starter::Plugin::Template will be available on the CPAN. AUTHOR
Ricardo SIGNES "<rjbs at cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005, Ricardo SIGNES. All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2010-05-28 Module::Starter::Plugin(3pm)